Customer Discussions > FIFA 13 (Xbox 360) forum

This is basically Fifa 12.1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jul 2012 16:23:33 BDT
I for one, will be boycotting this "new" Fifa.

Developers are taking the pi55 by releasing new sequels every year with very minimal changes.

The sooner us, the consumers stop buying into their crap - the sooner and harder it will hit their pockets and they will realise that they actually have to come up with something new and intuitive for the customer to buy.

Posted on 31 Aug 2012 16:01:46 BDT
erm have you seen the new features on this? fair enough they tweak it , but if they made a game that was perfect and it would end the franchise, and henceforth be called just FIFA. by creating longevity and tweaking it slightly each year they are able to keep up to date with current goings on ( transfers , and division changes etc) . also the career mode this year looks really good much betetr than last years , you can interact with the board and it will have a pes / football manager feel to it. you sir know nothing about games or are a cheap skate

Posted on 1 Sep 2012 16:13:29 BDT
You basically said the same thing I did but worded differently. However where I say that I mind all these tweaks and find them to be not worth a brand new title, you disagree.

In terms of "keeping it up to date" that's what 'Patches/Updates' are for, it's really in the name...UP-DATE. We're not in the PS1 era anymore. Games are now patched and updated from the moment you put the day they're released.

But like I said (and like you said) they will keep doing it, year after year as long as Sheeple keep buying and spending their money on it.

Posted on 1 Sep 2012 16:29:18 BDT
i how did i say the same thing but word it differently ? yes the changes are minimal so your proposing that every game should just be produced once and that be the end of it. how about just producing one game for all of us to play forever or being stuck in the ps1 era forver and never bothering with ps2 or ps3 .. if u knew the amount of detail it takes to put into games like these u wouldnt question it. they have to travel around the world gettin accurate ratings and traits of players etc. for lower league players aswell.

yes maybe in latter years games would not have needed to be bought because of minimalistic changes . but from fifa and 11- 12 the change is huge. the defense has got better etc. and 13 looks incredible. the manager mode is reminiscent of football manager/pro evo

Posted on 4 Sep 2012 08:58:11 BDT
LiamCB79 says:
The changes aren't minimal whatsoever! In comparison to fifa 11 being different to fifa 12, fifa 13 is almost an entirely new game! The massive amount of changes made to UT, Clubs, Career Mode, EASFC, as well as introducing 2v2 Seasons could not have been achieved with a patch. Granted, there would be the possibilty of releasing patches to update around 50% of the new features on fifa 13, but, economically speaking, it would be nowhere near as rewarding for EA in comparison to releasing an entirely new game. In this instance, EA are totally in the right in releasing a new game, because well, it is an entirely new game. You also have to take into account that whereas most games are developed over 2 years or more (hence Call of Duty being made by two different companies, to give them time), Fifa have 1 year at most to create a game. That's on top of the massive amount of research required to created such a vast roster of players and clubs. 1 year is nowhere near enough, and to criticise them for 'taking the pi55' is quite frankly dim of you. I for one have pre-ordered, and i'm sure 99% of fifa 12 players will buy it too.

Posted on 10 Sep 2012 23:41:52 BDT
thank you liam for backing me. atleast you get it are you getting pes 2013 aswell? are you xbox or playstation?

Posted on 11 Sep 2012 22:57:23 BDT
Alex Harris says:
No-one is interested in your opinion on how it's 12.1 I don't think this post is gonna change billions of people's minds in not buying Fifa 13. I've played the demo earlier today, and it's much better than 12 with loads of new features. I for one has pre-ordered it. It's just you that isn't and your gonna miss out, None of us care about that either.

Posted on 14 Sep 2012 14:31:14 BDT
@ alex harris when does the pre order get to you ?

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 21:00:14 BDT
L. Smith says:
The graphics are better transfers and division are up to date there is new features such as a better career mode and voice control also everyone will
be going on fifa 13 so it will be hard to play loads of matches especially on head t head seasons.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 12:08:46 BDT
A. N. Wilson says:
FIFA 12 was the best football game ever made in terms of actual game play and balance IMO. Why would they drastically change something like that?

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 13:05:16 BDT
Oh, well F*** me!

The Graphics are better AND the transfers are up to date!! AMAZING, Definitely gonna spend another 40 and buy this game.

Not.

Like I said, you're all being ripped off, the sooner you realise it and the sooner you stop wasting your money on it, the sooner developers will actually put effort into releasing new and original titles (like they used to in the older generation of consoles), instead of re-hashing the same **** and give it a new name.

AKA, COD, FIFA, PES etc etc.

Those of you who are old enough (and mature enough) to remember when Fifa games came out every year in the 80's and 90's, there were massive leaps in improvements in gameplay as well as graphically.

But anyway, It seems like the majority of you here are sheep, so I won't bother arguing with you while big companies are milking you.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 14:33:39 BDT
Mike E says:
I tend to buy Fifa every 2 years, the changes from 11 to 13 are massive, the demo felt completely fresh and new due to how different attacking and defending are now.

Do you have any suggestions on any changes they could implement to improve the game more and make it worth buying or are you just going to continue to call anyone who is happy to buy each Fifa a sheep?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2012 09:12:17 BDT
Alex P says:
I guess he's just unhappy because he is not going to receive FIFA13 for free just because he bought FIFA12

@Mustafa Salim: you could just wait, it's going to be much cheaper in a few months. Or just skip and buy the next one. Life is a list of choices and I am probably going to buy all of the FIFAs... a few realism changes and up to date roosters are good enough for me (even though it has always been way more than that). It's the only game I buy every year.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2012 11:22:45 BDT
Actually the first FIFA was released in 1993, not 80 something

Posted on 29 Sep 2012 06:51:25 BDT
Bennetron says:
dont buy it then, no one cares. stop whining on about it like its something that actually matters.

Posted on 2 Oct 2012 14:59:04 BDT
I Reader says:
i understand what the OP is saying. FIFA 12 is very similar to 13, and the question is why buy a completely new game when an update to FIFA 12 would suit - i.e. in terms of teams and transfers.

I usually buy FIFA every 2/3 years, and I agree the difference between FIFA 11 and FIFA 13 are massive. So was FIFA 09 and FIFA 11.

However, looking at FIFA 13, it is a different feel to FIFA 12. But I dont think it is enough for me to spend money on a new game again. FIFA 14, will be different again, and maybe more advanced. However, if they released an update for FIFA 12 (even at a cut rate price), then I would probably get that now.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2012 16:16:10 BDT
They also could never touch at all the gameplay mechanics in a patch, or the graphical improvements.

Thats being said this does feel very similar to 12, much more so than 12 did with 11.

But I have said for years Id rather they kept the gameplay similar and just focus on all the little things and remove the glitches and bad AI.

So far Career mode (All i play) is looking really nice, but only time will tell. its when you get to season 10 things start to look poorly designed.

Posted on 2 Oct 2012 16:22:34 BDT
Also I play about hundred of hours of each FIFA and by the time the new one gets out, I am bored and I have won everything possible, I am then ready to start a new career with new modes and new players to develop, plus this year I get to also dual manage a National Team.

Which I've wanted to be added for years.

Its really worth me spending 40 on a game I get so much play time out of, plus I can customise it anyway I want with leagues and Players etc.

Fantastic game. And I can't see why its not worth 40 I feel the same about the annual COD moaners. I chose not to buy MW3 as I chose Gear of War 3 over it, but I will get BLOPS 2. End of the day if most users get 100+ hours out of their COD MP then its probably worth every penny of 4), no film box set will entertain you for 100+ hours.

Stop griping, and just hope they use the money for these annual titles to keep improving and keep making the new more risky games.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2012 16:24:40 BDT
Originally FIFA was terrible I have played every one ever released on many different consoles.

This generation 12/13 are the best iterations I have ever played. I had serious issues with 11, but 12 /13 are fantastic.

Posted on 11 Oct 2012 19:12:25 BDT
Drachensturm says:
Having played FIFA 10 for the last couple of years (Cheapskate!), I can barely detect any difference with the actual gameplay of FIFA 13. Considering it was apparently "rebuilt from the ground up", it's still the same old, same old FIFA. You tackle the computer, the ball goes straight to another computer player, you're flying down the wing and the computer tackles you from behind whilst pinging an inch perfect pass to a team mate, you hit the post and bar about 3 a times a match, the computer will have 1 shot and score, etc etc.

Posted on 24 Oct 2012 22:32:33 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 24 Oct 2012 22:33:19 BDT]

Posted on 24 Oct 2012 23:52:39 BDT
Reading through the reviews, it seems like many people are massively unsatisfied with this games freezing issue.

I'm massively happy at saving 40 and not wasting my time on a game that was so obviously and blatantly built from the ground up. Not.

Posted on 1 Nov 2012 16:13:59 GMT
Chris Rising says:
Moostaffer, stop crying. If you don't wanna buy the game, don't. Everyone's entitled to do what they want with their money, stop forcefully preaching to what you called 'Sheeple', because you are basically trying to be a shepherd by doing it. Just to support my point, I'd like to highlight the fact that no-one has replied to your last post. You know why? Because, they don't care what you have to say. Take your conspiracy theorist attitude, to some underground forums, where the rest of the people with 'radical' ideas go to make a 'difference' to the world. Haha.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 16:19:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2012 16:19:38 GMT
You're a bit late, son.

You're right, I don't want to buy it. That's why I didn't buy it.

If this is what you call "Forceful preaching" then you are not very smart to say the least.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  FIFA 13 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  30 Jul 2012
Latest post:  1 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 13 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (477)