Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 July 2010
I heard about Rob Ryan's work from my art teacher, and studied it this year as pieces of art but it wasn't until I read the book that I realised that it's a lot more deep than just pretty pictures and nice words. The work is really beautiful, and I particularly liked the fact you could see how it was made and all the hours that went into it. Some of the double pages take your breath away and it was more than what I expected from the book. The writing was also serendipitously good; handled badly it could have been twee or pretentious, but it seemed childlike whilst still relatable, to me. The book really struck a chord, and I'd really recommend it.
on 8 October 2007
Much anticipated book by the fantastic artist Rob Ryan- a must have for any stylish coffee table- this is a book to keep and tresure, at last a collection of his beautiful paper cuts to have at home, a real gem.
on 29 May 2008
Simple English, simple material made into something extraordinarily precious and beautiful. This is a book I will cherish for life and read over and over and be moved to tears each time. Poignant and celebratory.
on 15 February 2012
This is my favourite book by Rob Ryan. I originally bought this as a gift and have ordered my own copy!

As with Rob's other creations, the illustrations/paper cut outs are absolutely stunning. You find yourself looking at the amazing pages and taking in the beautiful designs for hours.

The words in this particular book 'THIS IS FOR YOU' pulls at your heart strings and is very powerful. It can mean a lot of things to a certain someone. The journey is about being alone and finding someone and dreams in your life.

I gave 'THIS IS FOR YOU' 4 out of five stars because I think this book isn't for everyone and if you are giving this as a gift, pick carefully. There is a huge element of sadness that can pull you down but for the right person it can easily become a wonderful keepsake.
on 12 December 2007
I can't tell you how much I loved this book! An enchanting tale of yearning and romantic hope told through the most amazingly intricate and beautiful papercuts. The book is magical, both in how it looks and the feeling it leaves you with...a feeling of hope and wonderment. I urge you to check it out!
on 21 November 2007
every picture is so intricate and delicate. i wanted to turn over each page with tweasers and gloves.
makes it feel precious; magical.
much like its subject matter : )

*recommends*
VINE VOICEon 7 June 2011
This is a really special little book full Rob Ryans incredible papercuts. I have a copy myself which I love and have since bought several more copies to give to friends. They have always been received with delight. A book to treasure.
on 3 February 2011
This sweet little book would be a romantic gift for a loved one (although a recurrent theme is being alone / not having yet found love) - or of course an essential purchase for Rob Ryan fans.

I had only seen some of Rob Ryan's greetings cards and bought this book out of curiosity as I liked them and wanted to know more - it's nice, but I'm not overwhelmed by it as some reviewers are. The quality of the book and reproductions are good, but there's no text inside (other than that in the papercuts) and I do find the artworks a & themes just slightly repetitive - I've enjoyed leafing through it, but I don't think I'll be returning again and again or buying copies as presents. Call me a cynic, but I found it slightly twee.

I'm sorry to everyone who has loved this book - but I'm giving it three stars just to highlight that's it's not EVERYONE'S cup of tea.
on 24 December 2008
I was given this book as a gift and can't recommend it highly enough, if your not captivated by the beauty of the imagery then your heart will melt from the tearjerkingly romantic and insightful text. This book is perfect for anyone special in your life be it a lover best friend or close family.
on 10 April 2010
I bought this book after seeing Rob Ryans work and was curious to see more, it was superb value and is such a lovely book! The whole book is a story illustrated page by page with his cut out images, it must have took a long time to make and is a really beautiful item to have!