Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed II (PC) forum

This DRM is going to eat my bandwidth!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Feb 2010 10:20:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Feb 2010 10:36:09 GMT
D. Nguyen says:
When I did my research on this idiotic DRM, there are many flaws that would make real gammers be put off! This is also applied to EA games and Ubisoft. But, lets hope that Blizzard is not going on this road! So, in my point of view towards this nonsense... here is my theory: 'the more Publishers seem hype DRM the more people pirate the games'.

Secondly, this DRM is a violation to the consumer! So, no more Ubisoft and EA!

Finally, I Will Not Purchase Any Game That Comes With DRM That The Company Could Use To Undermine 'My Computer's Security' For The Sake Of Their Stupid Self Righteousness. I AM NOT A PIRATE AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED LIKE ONE!

Ubisoft, EA, and Whover else thinks they can get away with treating CUSTOMERS like thieves will have to learn the hard way the number one rule of business: without the customer there is no business.

P.S. If real consumer did their research on a particular PC games that uses DRM internet - connection, please ignore it and wait for a release patch. I know its hard. But, its the only way... patient is rewarding.... that is all I can say...

Posted on 3 Mar 2010 17:46:46 GMT
There's 2866 signatures at the moment and if none of those people buy the game as a march in protest, then Ubisoft loses nearly £78,000 in profits alone. And there are probably more who haven't signed who will also not be buying the game.

Posted on 17 Mar 2010 13:19:33 GMT
Hi I'm James says:
It takes little to no bandwidth actually. Also, they are not treating paying customers like thieves, becasue paying customers can play the game. Pirates can't. The DRM is clearly working. Do you see that once there is an effective DRM solution, no longer will consoles have an edge over PC. We will see all games released on PC and more developers will use the advantages of much more powerful PC hardware. The only thing that is bad about this DRM is if your internet is terrible, mine was until I bought a decent router. Or if you want to travel with it. However in either case, Ubisoft is not forcing you to buy it, and there are plenty of alternative games. Seriously, you make an account, click the little gears icon to make you saves offline, and then (unless your 'net crashes, which is not ubisofts fault) the chances are you'll forget you even are connected to ubis servers. They install no startup programs, no little backdoor items. Anything that stops piracy is a step in the right direction.

PS. This game is fantastic, unless your internet is incredibly unstable, or you are on dial up, you WILL love it.

Posted on 17 Mar 2010 18:23:42 GMT
It's funny how the ones who are defending this games are the ones with brilliant connections who rarely get disconnected. Quite frankly if I HAD a great connection I still wouldn't be defending this - there is no way it should be necessary ever to be constantly connected for a single player game EVER unless it is a BROWSER based game, and not a game you have to BUY, INSTALL and REGISTER.

Oh, and FYI, I hear UBISOFT has already had it's site cracked by Skidrow. Won't be long before the pirates ARE playing this when the paying customers can't.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2010 19:23:19 GMT
D. Nguyen says:
Great News! But, guess what? Silent Hunter 5 was hacked and it was like... *jaw dropped*
Ubisoft should remove this DRM... really...

If they remove this DRM with the next patch. Then I will buy a copy.

END OF STORY! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  26 Feb 2010
Latest post:  17 Mar 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed II (PC)
Assassin's Creed II (PC) by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.0 out of 5 stars   (183)