on 22 December 2011
I brought this book after becoming aware that my physical symptoms (headaches/ palpitations) were the product of my mind. Consciously I felt exceptionally happy in my life. Unfortunately, my subconscious it seemed, did not mirror my circumstance. I brought this book to alleviate my symptoms. I already eat a very healthy diet, I run daily, mediate and enjoy a predominately stress-free life. I couldn't understand where my anxiety was coming from.

This book is not suitable for first-time anxiety sufferers like me. Thought the book contains many practical steps anxiety sufferers should take: eat oily fish, avoid caffeine, meditate, count backwards from 300 (v.effective). I found myself with a lot of questions at the end. What about if none of that works for me? Most of the suggestions in this book provide only temporary relief. The book gives little advice on addressing the root cause of the problem.

From personal experience I suggest seeing your doctor immediately. I waited because I didn't want to admit the problem, nor did I want to be labelled. Your doctor will see many cases of your symptoms a week and can provide reassuring advice. For most anxiety sufferers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is the key to recovery, complimented by the practical advice on diet and exercise contained in this book. Belly laughs will also help.
on 9 June 2010
This is a very useful book. Everyone deals with things differently and this book provides a good understanding and valuable advice as to how you can manage your anxiety. Well worth the money and strongly reccomended.
on 17 May 2011
Bought mainly from the loads of great recommendations.
A very clear & comprehensive book - easy to dip in and out of.
on 13 February 2013
Very helpful. I love the way it's in little steps that are more manageable and less daunting. I'd recommend it to anyone who is seeking help with anxiety
on 23 November 2012
Another excellent book in the 50 Things You Can Do Today series. All of the tips are clearly laid out in sections, such as Eat An Anti-Anxiety Diet, Stress Management, Adopt An Anti-Anxiety Attitude etc. Safety and research on effectiveness are included where appropriate. If you feel anxious a lot/all the time I really recommend this book.
on 2 February 2015
I found this book very helpful and informative and it has given me some hope at feeling better. I am only about half way through it so far but I have found the chapters about what food you should avoid and what foods you should eat and also what nutrients you should make sure you done lack, very interesting as I never knew these before.
on 23 April 2015
Very useful book that you can dip in and out of for good tips. Also the index can be used as bullet points to remind you of things you can do at a glance. Full of very good info from what to eat to medication to meditation etc, look at mine daily to help me through the day and it is certainly working in calming down my anxiety.
on 22 June 2012
Lots of helpful tips and useful activities to put into practice for anxiety. Very well written and explained in a clear and concise way for the reader.
on 3 January 2012
Very useful, covers a wide range of issues related to anxiety. Includes some great ideas relating to food and diet that are easy to follow.
on 7 October 2012
A very helpful read, would highly recommend to people out there who are looking for something to help them :)