on 16 April 2001
I found this book very helpful and instructive. I decided from the outset to approach the author's teachings with an open mind. Having closely examined his teachings and the Biblical base upon which they are founded, I can only agree totally with the author. I consider this book to be an absolute 'must read' for anyone looking for true Biblically based teaching on this subject. The author not only corroborates his comments from Scripture but also from personal experience and application. I have also accessed the author's teachings on other Christian matters and I find him to be extremely reliable indeed. Thank you.
on 16 August 2014
Derek Prince methodically dissects in his usual simple but elegant style the truth about demons and how to get free from them. To hose who have their eyes opened, it is obvious that the demonic activities around us is increasing and pervading every part of our society and life. The reality of their existence is less and less hidden and more out in the open. In this book Prince lays the Biblical foundation for demonic activities, explains in a gentle way what to do about it and shows us how to take effectively authority over powers and principalities thanks to Jesus' blood on the cross. He shows honestly where and how he failed in the past and what it took for him to change. The book takes you through the steps of deliverance and encourages you to understand it as a daily bread of life for every believer. Praying for the deliverance and spiritual cleanliness at home is just as much part of daily Christian life as is brushing teeth and doing the dishes. If you have been struggling for a long time with depression, poverty, addictions, relationship breakdowns, inability to break unhealthy patterns, then read this book. You are not crazy! No condemnation from him or false talk. You will get your hope back. Churches and church leaders have bitterly failed their flock and our Nation and us individual disciples by totally ignoring the silent war that is going on around us. Derek Prince's book will help you to return to sanity and free you up for purpose.
on 10 November 2010
Too often people are 'forgotten' about when they become Christians, and their past is ignored. This is all too true especially where the society is 'wealthy'. Coming from Africa, I've experienced evil spirits first hand, tormenting me and other people I know. I've witnessed numerous deliverances, which more conservative Christians have tried to dismiss as "behavioural issues" rather than evil spirits.

If you are a 'new' Christian, please discuss with a more mature Christian before buying this book, as you will need guidance, conselling and support. This is not something to tackle alone.
on 8 January 2002
Reading this book has really enlightened me on the subject: "Demonology". It does not only give an indepth practical teaching on how to identify and deal with demons, but also talks a lot about how to stay clean from demons. All his teachings and guidelines are strictly based on the methods of Jesus Christ who is the essence of our faith. He also emphasised that we cannot improve on the methods of Jesus which i quite agree with.
This book should be in the recommended list of books of Bible Schools on this subject. As far as demons are concerned, this is too explicit. You will be blessed having one and reading or studying it.
on 6 May 2015
This is the book demons don't want you to know about. But thank God for this current dispensation where I believe God is revealing all these things to us. Thank you Jesus for your light that shines exposing the darkness. Derek Prince's clarity is awesome. This was simple to read and prepares you very well for how to go about praying for deliverance for yourself. It explains the area well without being spooky. Buy it.
on 8 February 2014
Derek Prince is extremely experienced and knowledgable in this field. Too many church leaders shy away from their responsibility to help hurting people this book gives valuable information based firmly on the Bible and jesus ministry. I rate this book highly.
on 28 June 2016
This book has a lot to offer, very well written and is worth getting, my copy came with a card in the back which you can send off to get a free audio CD called 'Do you realise how valuable you are' so yeah its a great book that teaches you many things.
on 6 January 2014
A very balanced and theologically sound book concerning all aspects that you need to know about in the area of deliverance.

An eye-opener to the extent of the work of demons in this so called scientific age. Get the book and be delivered from the tormentors by the power that raised Jesus of Nazareth from the dead!
on 27 July 2013
I need to tell you from the outset that I was a sceptic on this subject for many years. I was very wary ever since some 'amateurs' had it in their minds many years ago that I had demons and had a try at casting them out. I think they failed, but I'm not really sure. For me, it was an unsatisfactory and embarrassing experience, and since then I shied away from people who see spiritual problems in Christians as demonic. My view was simply that unless they manifest themselves, demons do not need to be sought, addressed or expelled. Also that a committed, spirit filled Christian cannot be demon possessed - oppressed perhaps, but not possessed. And their need is to focus on the Word - find out my position in Christ according to the scriptures. I personally found this approach very helpful indeed. I overcome depression, fear, cowardice, doubt and some sinful patterns of behaviour by doing this. I became more and more a person of the word and it really worked for me. Any idea of being delivered from demons had been far from my mind for many years.

At the same time, I have been blessed greatly by the ministry of Derek Prince over the years. I have seen him speak a couple of times and read several of his books. I regard him as a man of integrity who studies scripture properly before preaching from it, and in no way a sensationalist or an attention seeker.

The reason I bought the book was the combination of good author and provocative title!

It opened up to me an area of ministry which was largely new to me. I could not argue with his arguments from scripture, and his anecdotes, though sometimes bizarre, seemed to fit in with the scriptural worldview as I knew it. Because it is a subject I still know little about, I am not in a position to say whether it is completely correct - perhaps others who are involved in deliverance ministry should review it. This is a lay person's review! But from reading the books, the possibilities now staring me in the face were quite simple:
- Deliverance from demons was a commonplace part of ministry in the New Testament
- Deliverance from demons is a rarity in UK churches
- Deliverance is for Christians
- Deliverance ministry enables many Christians to overcome deeply rooted problems that nothing else appears to have solved

Many people in our churches today go from week to week carrying deeply rooted problems that don't get resolved through normal bible teaching and pastoral ministry. Is the solution right here?

These things were not taught by the reformers. They are not (to my knowledge) commonly taught in Bible seminaries. They are rarely taught from pulpits - not the ones I know, anyhow.

So how am I to review a book like this which is either one of those paradigm shifting books that had the potential to change my life forever, or is complete nonsense? It is hard to find middle ground between these two viewpoints!

When I first bought this book, I was n not in a position to give an opinion on it. When I read it, I realised that, like Derek Prince's own problem of depression, I had an occasional vice which normal prayer/Bible teaching/pastoral ministry had not been able to solve. I despaired of ever being able to overcome in this area. So I began to see the problem as demonic and I actively began to seek out deliverance ministry from someone experienced in this area. And (I say this with due caution, 1Corinthians 10:12 in mind), it worked. For this, I give God all the glory. I felt more free than I ever had in my Christian life.

So I'll finish by saying that this is essential reading. It is about an area of ministry that is sorely needed in both pastoral ministry and evangelism, and to neglect this is to leave countless people bound in slavery to serious sin. I would implore you to read this book, even if you are a little skeptical.
on 23 March 2010
This book is a really down to earth explanation of how to expel demons. It shows how the simple no nonsense approach is effective and life changing. Everyone should read it if they want to be free themselves and help others to freedom. It has changed my whole pespective and within a week of reading I was able to help others too. A must have for any Christians library - I bought a second copy to lend freinds.Derek Prince teaches us how they get in and how to recognise them and get them out.Lots of personal testimonies and examples. I wholeheartedly recommend this book.