This book moves students toward a clear understanding and a firm grasp of the basic principles of thermodynamics. It communicates directly with tomorrow’s engineers in a simple yet precise manner that encourages creative thinking.
Features of this Edition
• An early introduction to the First Law of Thermodynamics (Chapter 2) establishes a general understanding of energy, mechanisms of energy transfer, and the concept of energy balance, thermo-economics, and conversion efficiency.
• Over 700 new homework problems which further enhance the extensive and diverse homework problem sets.
• Physical intuition to help students develop a sense of the underlying physical mechanisms and a mastery of solving practical problems that an engineer is likely to face in the real world.
Free Student Resources DVD containing
• Limited Academic Version of EES (Engineering Equation Solver) software with scripted solutions to selected text problems
• Physical experiments in thermodynamics with videos and complete write-ups of the experiments, as well as actual data
• Interactive Thermodynamics Tutorial to reinforce student learning of thermodynamics concepts