on 7 July 2003
I found this book hilarious. I bought it to read to my Beaver Scouts (6-8 yr olds), but my 11 year old son has run off with it. We especially love 'the reptile rap' and 'monday's child'. Colin Mcnaughton knows exactly how to write for children, and this is evident by the laughter I hear whilst reading his poems out loud.
on 28 March 2014
I received this book for my 10th birthday (1990) and my mum sat and read a few of the poems out at my party, which had my friends in fits of laughter! Some of the best poetry from Colin McNaugton! I've just bought a copy for my friend's baby shower as the invitation stated "bring a book". Tremendous illustrations as well.

Best buy ever!
on 17 February 2011
We found this book was excellent for all our nieces and nephews. Some poems passed us all by, but the ones which were a hit have remained so for a long time. Well worth it for the good ones. We particularly loved "I love you because". It was great for kids to know they were loved no matter what.
on 29 April 2015
memory a wee bit fuzzy but went to either book shop above the mcdonalds on argyle street / jamiaca st at the time ,or was it the Mitchell library with primary school for a book signing/ reading session with colin McNaughton for this book and our class done the reptile rap at the end of term show for the parents. Brought back good memories. so bought this for my daughter who is 8 and she loved it.
book itself was in great condition with no tears or pages missing.
on 8 February 2009
If you haven't come across Colin McNaughton before- get this. Absolutely loved by ages 5-10. Daft, silly, (usually) short ditties - so more easily accessible to less able readers- with excellent illustrations by the author. This is my 6th consecutive classroom copy- they fall to bits due to so much use. 'Nuff said.
on 17 December 2013
I had been looking all over for this book as my daughter brought it home from the school library and loved it. The major bookstores could no longer obtain it. I was very pleased that Amazon could get it and despite it being second hand it is in very good nick
on 23 July 2004
Hope this comes back in print soon. This is a must to read aloud to children. Guaranteed to lift the family's spirit.
on 1 December 2015
Great book, loved it as a child and still love it now.
on 10 October 2014
Great, all children should has this book.
on 17 May 2015