There is a Good widescreen version available.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jan 2008 12:30:23 GMT
If you are reading this then I presume you are like me baffled why there is at least ten dvd's released at various times all with varying levels of quality.

Up to now the only good copy was released by ' Criterion ' but its not easy to find.

Type into Amazons search engine the title ' Charade ' and you will be staggered at how many they are.

Anyway I have good news for you - Your looking in the wrong place.

Go back to the search engine and type in ' The Truth About Charlie ' and you will find ' ASIN: B00005JLIF ' - its a region 1.

Now this may also be avaiable in Region 2 but everything below relates to ' Region 1 '

So is ' The Truth About Charlie ' a good film ? have not got a Clue because I did not buy the dvd for that film - I bought the dvd as it contains a ' excellent ' widescreen version { 1.85:1 aspect ratio } of Charade that has been digitally remastered.

Yes I know this may appear to be a ' back to front ' way of getting a decent copy of Charade but you will be over the moon as to how good the quality is.

By the way the reason why there is so many bad quality versions is because Charade is now in the public domain due to a legal irregularity - no claim of copyright was put into the original prints hence why anyone can release it even although the quality is sub standard.

The best part is it only costs 4 { with postage included } and you never know you may get around to watching the other side at a later date.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  15 Jan 2008
Latest post:  15 Jan 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions