on 28 September 2013
Do not buy this product from Monkey Beds. The product I received did not match the description. I did not received the 2 pillows and the mattress only had 1 layer of foam, not 2 layers. If you try and get a refund, they will ask you to pay for postage and make excuses to get out of giving a refund.
review image review image
11 comment|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2014
I looked around for a few week before deciding to by this mattress. I looked in Argos and many other Amazon sellers aswell as some catalogues but by far the best valued was this one and also it fitted, on paper, all of mine and my partners needs.
I suffer very bad back pain and my old sprung mattress was causing a lot of pain in my lower back and making it very difficult to sleep for more than a couple of hours in the bed and also getting out of it was very hard as I could not pull myself up. I also am disabled having a paralyzed right leg.
So after reading the reviews and description and comparing this to other mattress with similar descriptions/aspects I decided on this one, and very glad I did.
It is very early days but so far I have noticed a huge difference.
For starters I can sleep for longer without waking up in pain, im not saying I have no pain because I always have lower back pain unfortunately but it has made a significant difference. Also getting out of bed is no longer an issue as I can pull myself up without pain stopping me.
This mattress also has great support for me and my partner and either of us do not feel the other in the bed or getting into or out of the bed, unless we want to!
It always reverts back to its original shape after a nights sleep.
The description is correct from seller.
The mattress is firm but as you lay on the mattress you feel it molding to your body to give firm support in areas that need it and dont.
So right now I have no complaints. I would of expected it to come in a box for added protection when being transported and delivered but thats a minor and no damage was on the mattress.
easy to unwrap and we let it swell to its 15CM size as that was the advice on packaging and reviews, we left ours for about 15 hours but 12 probably would of been adequate. thats a personal choice you should make.

I can say that for the price you WILL NOT find a better mattress.
And if you need a comfortable, orthopedic mattress then buy this now!

Ill update if there is any change which I expect there will not be.

Thanks seller.
on 13 March 2015
The mattress arrived before the estimated date which was a pleasant surprise. The packing was very compact. I could have carried it on a public transports - if it came to that.

I reckoned that at £65 - less than half the manufacturers RRP - the single mattress would cost me around 17 pence per day! Assuming it would last only one year! No doubt the mattress was very good value for money.

But what about value for comfort? Well, the proof of the pudding was in the eating or in this case, in the sleeping ...
The morning after I felt well rested. Not the usual aches and pains. The mattress proved to be very confortable! I had not slept so well for a long while. It is not as soft and spongy as I imagined (and feared). Just perfect.

Being a pessimist by nature, I don't think the sponge will remain this firm and confortable for months to come. Two weeks down the line, it has already gone softer but this, I suppose, is well within the realms of common sense and expectation. The irony is, it feels more confortable as it is now! That said, I have no idea if I will be in "cloud nine" for months to come but... at 17 pence per day ...

One detail:

Some reviewers have had an issue with the intense "factory smell". I can understand that. I noticed it too - but fortunately you will only notice it upon returning home - then you cease to notice it. At least I do.

If like me you have a balcony, I suggest you leave the mattress outside in the open air for a while (mind the rain!). In the past few days I have been doing it everyday and it is working wonders. I suspect the intense "factory smell" may be due to the mattresses being vacuum packed too soon before the manufacturing odours (chemical-like) have had a chance to evaporate. Personally, I can live with it. I think that given a few more days/hours in the open air the smell will disappear altogether.

Am-I still happy with it? - I hear you asking. Oh yes! Most definitely. Like I wrote! Exceedingly good value for money and confort! Excellent service too!
on 6 May 2014
The mattress is comfortable & as described however ours arrived with a really strong chemical smell. Which even after airing outside for 5 days did not go away. We couldn't have it in the house without having to put up with the smell so no way we could have slept on it. The company has been little help in resolving this issue, a month battle with them, involving amazon who haven't been much help either & finally an abusive phone call from the courier company they arranged to collect the item for us to get our refund... I'm giving up! Good luck to anyone who uses this seller - if you're lucky and the mattress arrives in a condition fit for use good but if you're unlucky and it stinks good luck trying to get it sorted!
on 13 February 2014
Fits perfectly into my kingsize ottoman gas lift bed, very lightweight. Had the best nights sleep in many years. I suffer with fibromyalgia and so body aches and hurts a lot, normally waking me up through the night but this bed cuts down the pains very pleased.
on 8 July 2014
Mine did not spring up to correct depth and i had to return this. It was so thin it felt like i was sleeping directly on the bed frame. Customer service was good and they arrange the return promtly
on 13 December 2013
great mattress very comfortable needs to be a solid base for the bed though,but very comfy to use even with someone with a good weight
on 6 February 2015
The pillows sent were awful and I was told eventually Fter many emails to and fro that the luxury pillows shown in the advert were just for advertising and the very poor quality pillows were sufficient. Even the dog won't use the pillow....
review image
on 10 June 2013
This was a re[placement mattress for normal sprung one that I had bought. This is far better quality for the same money. Had a good night sleep after a long time.
on 2 May 2015
This mattress is terrible. After about a week of use the mattress sunk considerably in the middle. Flip the mattress and the same happens after a day or two. Waste of money, spend more on a product that functions.