- Hardcover: 264 pages
- Publisher: AIAA (1 Jan. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1403946825
- ISBN-13: 978-1403946829
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.9 x 21.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,085,577 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Theatre and Celebrity in Britain, 1660-2000 Hardcover – 1 Jan 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'There is not a weak link in the book. A compelling setof case studies intriguingly sets out much that nuances understanding of the kinds of figures who exert more attention now than perhaps ever before.' - Modernism/Modernity
'A fascinating collection of essays that invites us to compare theatrical personalities of different ages, and wonder what makes these people, of all those who are professionally involved in the creation of fictional personae for public consumption, special.' - Times Literary Supplement
'The essays collected here...make a valuable contribution to understanding the history of a phenomenon that, while it has only recently started to receive serious attention, has clearly been with us for some time.' Tom Mole, Theatre Notebook
About the Author
MARY LUCKHURST is Senior Lecturer in the Department of English and Related Literature at the University of York, UK. She is the author of Dramaturgy and Theatre: The Silent Revolution (2005).
JANE MOODY is Professor in the Department of English and Related Literature at the University of York, UK. She is the author of Illegitimate Theatre in London, 1770-1830 (2000).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Actors & Actresses
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Novelists, Poets & Playwrights
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art > Theatre
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Biographies
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > History