Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Subscribe and Save Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Ink [DVD] forum

The father?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 May 2011 01:02:26 BDT
Justaprofile says:
I do not understand some of this film. The character Ink is meant to be the father of the child. Though, the father is awake and living in reality. How can he be in the dream world and in reality at the same time?

Posted on 17 Jul 2011 18:34:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2011 18:36:02 BDT
*spoiler* (Which you should have put as well but, hey)

It's described by the storyteller. She says that Ink has committed suicide. She later says that this isn't who he was but who he might be and she says that time doesn't work for them as same as for the real world ("for me a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is a day" - incidentally this is also said by God in the Bible so... interesting). Also bear in mind that the Dreamworld is mental/spiritual and that the last scene happens while the father is struggling with emotions sitting at his hospital bed. Ink is who the father would become if he didn't change and confront his grief. The father who holds onto his pride and hides his grief and ends up committing suicide because of it.

I think the best thing you can do is watch it again. I think you understand it better the more you watch it.

The only thing I haven't got yet is why he's called 'Ink'.

Posted on 18 Jul 2011 00:01:06 BDT
Justaprofile says:
I will have to watch the film again. I do not understand how there is a scene where the actual person, who is meant to be ink, comments suicide in one shot then is alive in the next? Is that a premonition?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Ink [DVD] forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  25 May 2011
Latest post:  18 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ink [DVD]
Ink [DVD] by Jessica Duffy (DVD - 2011)
4.1 out of 5 stars (94)