Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 July 2005
What can I say, I'm only on page 27 and I'm blown a way. Her philosophy is SO simple, yet, I never thought of it before--at least not in that way!
I believe in God-always have--but this way of living, thinking, believing extend far beyond a "God". This isn't a religious text, it's philisophical and how you relate and believe in your own "God".
At least for me, it made realize that I didn't have faith in my own faiht. I didn't believe in my prayers, not really.
I just cannot truly describe the enormity and power of her wisdom. For any who wishes to become in enlightened or closer to their God, this truly is a must read!
For anyone who needs to reorganize their mind and get away from the negative thoughts that follow them, this is a must read. For anyone who has an ounce of humanity and wishes to improve their lives or the lives of others, this is a must read.
on 1 January 2002
This book was sitting on my bookshelf for two or three years and a good friend of mine borrowed it. After Lucy had read this book, she strongly recommended it to me. I have read it, it has worn dog eared pages, and have recommended it to my family as well as my students as a book that offers inspiration and support for 99.9% of the problems that you encounter. It teaches you about the fact that every one is link in your chain of good!! A book that you could use for all ages, and all situations. A must have for those families in crisis and situations where comfort is needed.
on 17 August 1999
I have shared this book with many friends and others who are searching for spiritual writings. I have referenced this book during teaching sessions with teenage girls and during discussions with mature males and females. I used it as a reference, along with the Bible, at a 3 day "ladies"retreat. I re-read this book regularly. It is amazing that Florence Scovel Shinn wrote these books so long ago. It is a source of true spiritualism.
on 17 December 1998
After reading it 3 times and underlining & making notes in the margins, I am purchasing a copy for the friend who lent it to me in the first place. It has dramatically changed my life in positive ways. It has re-affirmed my beliefs in prayer and a higher power.
on 6 December 1998
Florence is absolutely delightful! I have given this book to over 30 people and they have ALL talked about the resonance of truth that they feel through it's pages. It makes such simplistic sense. Try it! See what you think....
on 4 January 1999
This book opens a door where there was previously a wall. In reading this book, one begins to understand a univeral truth does exist, and is applicable to everyone in every situation. Ms. Shinn affirms that by casting the burden of lack, one becomes forced to to see only that which is positive and good. Isn't that what we all should see? She affirms that within each of us a divine light. It is anchored within us, and goes before us, showing us the way. When you are ready to make your life happen, you will read this book. It will change your outlook on life forever -- and you will be better having read it!
on 23 June 1998
I discovered Florence in 1994 and her wisdon has changed my life forever. There has not been a day since 1994 that I did not rely on Florence's teachings to guide me through my daily living. Her spiritual insight provides such clarity. The Wisdon of Florence Scovel Shinn has become my every occasion gift; Birthdays, Christmas, Graduations etc. If I had a wish it be that she had written more books and that I would have had an opportunity to meet her. "I have been touched by a Angel"
on 15 September 1998
Being a minister in training, I found this book, invaluable.It allows the reader to have a wonderful relationship with God and Jesus Christ, without all the hangups, and if you did have hang ups, they are gone by the time you have read the first few pages. Florence, way back then had insights to our spirituality, long before any of the writers of today.Thank you Florence for paving our way to enlightenment and love.I wished I could have sat down and talked with you, however I have your book close to my heart, so therefore have you and your wisdom.
on 2 October 1998
I BOUGHT THIS BOOK FOR MYSELF LAST YEAR AND HAVE READ IT OVER AND OVER. SINCE THEN I HAVE SENT A COPY TO EVERYONE I KNOW. THIS BOOK HAS HAD SUCH A PROFOUND IMPACT ON EVERYONE THAT HAS READ IT. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE OR HOW WONDERFUL OR BAD YOUR LIFE IS THIS BOOK CAN ONLY ENRICH YOUR LIFE.THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, FLORENCE SCHOVEL SCHINN.
on 13 September 2009
Don't be fooled by the holy God-like language..this book is a powerful transformational life-changing tool if used correctly. Compared to all the recent 'manifestation products' on the market such as The Secret, this book has real insight and background on how to manifest and the way of universal law. Just reading it changes your perspective and it makes you very conscious of how we use and abuse our language to attract positive and negative experiences in our lives. Our word is indeed our wand...