Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

on 29 January 2013
This book is very informative for everybody with an interest for whisky and its origination. Here you won't find so much about how a certain whisky tastes (you will, too, at the end of the book), but why it tastes just like it tastes.
The book is more or less a travel report, visiting many distilleries of all scottish whisky regions.The distilleries are described in respect to their location and their surroundings, such as the source of their water or the situation of the warehouses. This 2011 revision also includes the latest developments, distilleries that have re-started production and recently opened distilleries such as Abhainn Dearg on Harris. Also, a lot of nice pictures make this book a very pleasant read.
on 15 May 2012
I have to say that it's been a while since I enjoyed a book so much. Michael Jackson takes you on a tour of Scotland, beginning in Glasgow and going clockwise round the islands, into Speyside and down the coast to Edinburgh, explaining how the locality of the distilleries affects the whiskies they produce. Poetically written, it's enthused me enough to start planning my own visits. Genuinely can't belive I'm the first to review this outstanding book (in the process I probably have learnt more about Scotland's geography than my Glaswegian girlfriend knows...)
on 28 April 2013
Easy read. Very informative. Imparts technical knowledge in a very understandable and interesting way whilst not being overpowering. Recommended to any Scotch drinker.
on 16 January 2013
My husband was excited and loves the book!
It's just great, with photographs and every detail you need. Thank you!
on 19 December 2014
Good guide book as I'm interested in the malts
on 4 September 2015
Very helpful & informative.