- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 296 KB
- Print Length: 94 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Christian Classics Ethereal Library; 1.1 edition (16 July 2009)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002HWRS3Q
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,113,314 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£3.97|
Save £2.48 (62%)
The Weapon of Prayer - Enhanced Version Kindle Edition
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Among the points covered include:
1. Prayer is more important than religious activity.
2. Prayer puts God's works in God's hands and keeps it there.
3. Education alone does not have the power to do God's work.
4. There is a great need for people carry God with them into the secular affairs of life.
5. Unbelief and prayerlessness go together.
6. Christ could do nothing apart from prayer.
7. Many examples in the Bible show that God responds to the prayer of His people.
8. In doing God's work there is no substitute for praying.
A great read for someone who needs inspiration on the importance of prayer in the Christian life.
It is in this writing that Chaplain Bounds goes beyond his traditional thesis of the Holy Spirit working through great men of prayer, to the more intimate explanation, necessity, and rallying, obviously through personal experience, of the depths and the realities of prayer. You can almost sense the smoke of battle on him as you read, like seeing the glory of God surrounding Moses from being in His presence.
Although a challenging read, as are most writings from the centuries beyond that require an adjustment to reading speed, the resulting navigation and reward are both encouraging and desiring, toward our own use of The Weapon of Prayer.
Don Carmichael, author, Warriors of Peace, Devotions for the Daily Battles of Life
Prayer is so important to God and to man. God helps us through everything when we pray.
Recommend for all that need a better understanding of why we need to pray.