Okey, I must say that Ana is more than a pretty face.
I'm impressed. Really, really impressed. I'm glad she left "Excellence". She has IT - true talent. She can sing.
Here's my review of all the songs;
01. We Are - The song from Spiderman 2. Very good song, but I've heard so many times now. Good lyrics though! (4/5)
02. Don't Cry For Pain - Her second single from her debutalbum, and its GREAT! I really hope it will be a worldwide smashhit too.
Fantastic song, and I give it (5/5)
03. The Way I Am - Her first single in Scandinavia. It was released in autumn 2003. A good mix between pop and rock. (4/5)
04. I'm Stupid - I love the intro!! Good lyrics and good verses.
A very powerful refrain also! Third single from this album? (4/5)
05. Life - Yeah, one of her best songs (yet). It's shocking irresistable . Love it! (5/5)
06. 6 Feet under - Guitar and drums. I don't know what to say more. Not a standout, but it isn't bad. (3/5)
07. Coz I Can - THE BEST song on the album. Good lyrics and great beat! Good message --> Don't take people for granted (5++/5)
08. Crest Of The Wave - Let's just skip this one. It's just too slow. (2+/5)
09. L.A - Worst song on the album. Better though than a lot of the radiomusic today. (2/5)
10. Now It's Gone - Another highlight! This song makes me feel good. Great guitarplay, feelgood lyrics. Masterpiece! (5/5)
11. Here I Go Again - Here she goes again. The lyrics are better than the music. I think this is meant to be a feelgoodsong, but no, it doesn't attract me. (3/5)
Overall, a strong debut by a talented girl! I hope and I think we will hear a lot from here i the future!
There are other songs she's done, and I would like to review them also. They can be found on "Cuz I Can" - the first version of this album released spring 2004.
Just A Girl - Cool song! A song about how hard it can be being a girl. "There must be something wrong with me, cause I can't see what's wrong with me". Special lyrics, a good song! (3/5)
Anything Goes - Summerfeelings!! A song about childhood. It's so good and cosy! Guitarmusic, harmonica and Anas voice sounds so beautiful! (5/5)
A Song For Everyone - Skip it. This song is bad! (1/5)
Tame Me - Pop/rock song with good message! (4/5)
What Is A Girl To Do - A slower song with dark undertone. (3/5)
Bring It On - This can not be found on the albums. It was released as a B-side to the "We Are" single and "Cuz I Can" single in Scandinavia. Cool lyrics! (4/5)
IF THEY HAD EXCHANGE "CREST OF THE WAVE" AND "L.A" WITH "TAME ME" AND "ANYTHING GOES" THE CD WOULD HAVE BEEN A COMPLETE MASTERPIECE.
ANYHOW, THE CD IS WELL WORTH GETTING. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.