- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks (13 Mar. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0062195654
- ISBN-13: 978-0062195654
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.1 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (36 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 77,733 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Way of the Fight Paperback – 13 Mar 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
“Like St-Pierre, this book is part philosophical, part scientific, part business-tutorial and even part self-help, with carefully selected pieces of the fighter’s personal story interwoven throughout. It’s all fascinating, coming from one of the most evolved fighting minds the sport has ever produced.” (SportsIllustrated.com)
“The Way of the Fight delivers a great deal . . . part biography, part self-help, part philosophy. It is a book that, read in the right manner, teaches more than it tells.” (Bleacher Report)
“An interesting view into the psyche of an athlete . . . the most insightful view to date of a fighter and person that has not only dominated his sport, but has been one of the foundational figures bridging the gap between MMA’s community and the greater mainstream sports audience.” (Sherdog)
“This is an outstanding book . . . at the heart of it The Way of the Fight is about setting and achieving goals, and what it takes to overcome obstacles to become your most successful self. . . I highly recommend The Way of the Fight.” (New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag)
“GSP the warrior reveals himself. The Way of the Fight is the way of his life. It’s about the process of Georges St-Pierre, who came from nowhere to become an international icon.’’ (Diane Sauvé, Radio-Canada)
From the Back Cover
There’s more to winning battles than fists and feet
For world-renowned professional fighter Georges St-Pierre, the greatest asset is not physical strength or athleticism—it’s a sense of purpose. From his beginnings as a small, mercilessly bullied child first discovering karate to his years as a struggling garbage collector who spent all his free time in the gym, his hard-fought rise in the sport of mixed martial arts, and his long, painful recovery from a career-threatening injury, Georges never lost sight of his ambition to become the greatest martial artist of all time. In The Way of the Fight, Georges for the first time reveals what propelled him not only to become a champion but to embrace obstacles as opportunities to build character.
Georges’s story is interwoven with fascinating insights from those who know him best: his mother, who tells of his drive to master new skills, even as a child. His mentor Kristof Midoux, who describes a young fighter with an extraordinary sense of discipline. His Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teacher John Danaher, who witnessed the development of an indomitable work ethic. His coach Firas Zahabi, who worked alongside the champion through a potentially career-ending injury. And his longtime friend, training partner and manager, Rodolphe Beaulieu, who may understand this intensely focused athlete more than anyone.
The Way of the Fight is an inspirational look into the mindset of a master. To Georges, all life is competition, and there’s no more perfect metaphor for competition than the life of a fighter. He explains the value of discipline, risk and even fear, with the wisdom of one who knows that nothing is assured—his next fight could always be his last. Drawing inspiration from fighting legends, Eastern philosophy and a trusted inner circle, The Way of the Fight is a powerful, life-changing guide to living with purpose and finding the way to accomplish your loftiest goals.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- I didn't plan on purchasing this book. Like many others, i was hoping to one day own and read the full-fledge autobiography of GSP. The idea of reading a book pertaining to GSP's philosophy on subjects like training and combat were not that appealing to me, especially after having read establish classics in these areas like Miyamoto Musashi's "The Book of Five Rings", Sun Tzu's "The Art of War", Lao Tzu's "Tao Te Ching" and having delved into the plethora of strength and conditioning, physical rehabilitation content, etc available from world renowned experts on these topics.
- Still, it was a pleasant surprise when i received this as a gift. I still learnt a lot about GSP. The book offers unique insight into GSP's upbringing, life and past. It includes accounts from those closest to him, including his mother, John Danaher, Kristof Midoux, Firas Zahabi and Rodolphe Beaulieu whilst pleasantly blending in aspects of GSP's philosophy. The book is of high quality and is aesthetically pleasing.
- To those looking for an alternative or visual companion to book - i recommend watching "Takedown: The DNA of GSP" (2014). Sam Sheridan's "The Fighter's Mind" is an excellent book providing insight to the mind of the fighter if you haven't read that already.
I really believe that GSP's philosophy can be applied to much more than fighting.
If you interested in the things that got GSP where he is today, (goal setting, vision, strategic thinking etc..) this is a great book. If you just want a blow by blow account of each fight you won't like this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easily the best autobiography ive read. Very insightful. Very open and well written. Highly recommendedPublished 8 months ago by wes
Changed my life and will continue to do so.
His level of congruent attitude on and off the mat is inspiring
Not your usual sports book, very insightful into the mindset of a fighter, definitely worth a read.Published 10 months ago by Colin MacDonald
A brilliant and inspiring book, a look inside the life of the genius in the octegon gspPublished 13 months ago by aeron price