on 15 December 2000
From Devonshire, England to Yucatan, Mexico this book builds into a fast paced adventure/thriller with a fantastic climax. All of the characters are believable and the description of the locations put you firmly into the middle of the action, the long trudge through the rain forest is a good example of this. For anybody that has never read a Desmond Bagley book I could recommend any of his great works, but I think this one is probably my favourite. Un-put-down-able!!!!
on 5 February 2014
This is a cracking thriller, moving from Devon to Mexico. Being an accountant myself, I was pleased to find that the hero is one too, but know that I would not have been able to pull off the various feats that the hero does. I must admit that I had forgotten about Desmond Bagley for some years, but am glad to have found him again. I put him in the same class as the best thriller writers, such as Dick Francis.
on 12 May 2001
Just one more example of why Desmond Bagley was master of the thriller genre. One of the very few authors who believed in giving his readers value for money, as is evident in the pain-staking research that went into this story (and the other fifteen he wrote). There is only one other writer on the planet who keeps up the Bagley tradition, and that is John Templeton Smith. Bagley was Smith's mentor in Guernsey, for a number of years up to his (DB's) death in early 1983 - that was the same year that JTS, writing as John Smith first published - so maintaining continuity of the Bagley tradition. If this is your first Bagley book, I urge you to try the rest, especially his first -The Golden Keel. I feel sure you will not be disappointed.
on 19 July 2005
This was the best Bagley book.