Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 2 February 2009
Nowadays mainly remebered for their sugary, but often good, ballads, like Three Times a Lady, Easy, Still and Sail On, The Commodores were a much wider ranging outfit. This compilation contains all of the slow classics, but reminds us that The Commodores were also a major dance-floor force with songs such as Machine Gun, and the fantastic funk of Brick House.
A very good compilation.
on 3 February 2015
What more can you say, other than great collection, all the classic tracks that they were famous for, before Lionel split from them. A band who were as good "Live" as they were on their albums.
on 3 October 2013
Having purchased the Commodores, I like the album and the tracks on it. Nightshift,,Easy, Three Times A Lady, I prefered this one to Lionel Richie and the Commodores. because I wanted them as the group and not solo of Lionel Ritchie and the Commodores.
on 26 March 2015
Who can miss this great CD of the Commodores? Try listening to it on a very good system with speakers such as Bang Olufsen or Bose, and you will discover tunes the amazing music on this album. The sound clarity and distinct lyrics that spew out is just out of this world.
on 30 December 2012
Enjoyed this CD, If you like the Commodores then its well worth the CD price. Most of the tracks are well known favourites. Easy listening or just singing along with the tracks, a most enjoyable disk
on 9 January 2009
This compilation is great, as were the Commodores. If you love sweet soul ballads and funky strut yo' stuff sounds for the disco then this has it all. But some of the classic tracks here are shorter versions, e.g. Just To Be Close To You really needs to be heard in its 6 minutes plus length for full effect. But if you like soul and funk you can't go wrong with this. Enjoy.
VINE VOICEon 25 July 2007
I must admit The Commodores wouldn't usually be at the top of my list for essential music purchases, but I was pleasantly surprised when I bought this for the wife the other week. I was slightly embarrassed by the amount of songs I knew and could try and sing along to. OK so I prefer the Faith No More version of "Easy", but I'll hold my hands up and admit that Lionel fellow has some silky smooth voice. "Machine Gun" and "Brick House" are quite inspired too. My only gripe about the CD really is that unfortunately I find the slow numbers just a little bit too slow for my liking and as a result the track listing could be shortened by a good five songs. If you are a Commodores fan though don't let my three star rating put you off, the better half rates it at a five star effort and apparently shes always right, so there you go!!!
on 2 January 2013
had forgotten how good these guys were before Lionel went off to do his own thing. A very good album. Probably a few tracks too many, as is often the case with compilations, but generally very good.
on 2 June 2013
Had this cd for years, and love it. Reason being it has all the Commodores singles on from when I grew up; including the lesser known ones. This is truly a classic and will be dragged out of your collection when others are gathering dust!
on 10 May 2012
Bought for my wife who is a motown nut
Enjoyed the CD, Most of the classics are on it
Now getting fed up listening to the Commodores