I got a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I read and loved book 1 and 2 in this series (the Blemished & The Vanished). I lapped them up and even read and devoured the two short story spin offs that were released. I had found a new series I loved and couldn't wait for more so I naturally accepted this one when I was offered the chance to review it.
Unfortunately I have a massive stack of review books so I couldn't read it straight away but I wish I had because it took me a while to get back into the story and remember who everyone was. It's a fairly sizeable cast of characters to remember so I had to get back into the swing of it.
But once I did, it was like being welcomed back among friends, there were odd moments of confusion still, my brain just isn't what it used to be and there are even more people added into the mix but once I got myself focused there wasn't really a problem.
This book is packed full of action, it's pretty much a war book, there is fighting but don't worry the scenes aren't particularly brutal or bloody, it's more the effects of war on the people. The main cast of characters get split up and go in separate directions. The chapters alternate between them as they struggle to stay alive and find each other again. The main narrators are Mina, Daniel and Angie. And I have to admit I liked seeing the different characters and hearing their voices. I think Daniel is still my favourite, their is something so honest in his tone and his emotions really come through his voice.
I liked the unique twists and that Mina and Daniel aren't all loved up, I liked that they had conflict and struggle, it's how they pull through all that stuff that really matters.
I was glad to be back and immersed in such a fresh series and to find that I still loved it.
I would definitely recommend this series but you have to start at book 1 to get the proper effect. So go and check it out!
on 19 January 2015
A great dystopian series :)