on 15 April 2014
Oh how I wish I The Ultimate Toddler Manuel was around when my children were toddlers (they are young adults now!) because I can remember searching for info re effective re-assuring ways to raise my daughters yet always got bogged down and frustrated because the info was always in different books. The Ultimate Toddler is what all parents/relatives/carers need to read. period. Everything you need to know all in one place.

I like the way the author weaves in basic psychological theories to back up her work without overloading you with stats and judgmental opinions. I also appreciate the variety of practical examples, the author uses to demonstrates the various topics which makes it easier for you to relate to the teachings - e.g. potty training, sleep routine, dealing with tantrums in the check out queue. The chapter Caring for the Caregiver is essential reading and full of tips to look after yourself and ways to actively rest and chill/exercise with your child.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 April 2014
Its important to remember that children develop at different rates and are influenced heavily by their surroundings and parental upbringings. There’s lots of useful tips and advice, some of which are missed out in other books. Valuable things like dealing with separation anxiety and tantrums in public are covered well...I’ve seen that in my own kids, so it’s helpful to see how to tackle them more effectively.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse