The Ultimate Hammer Collection

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Apr 2010 11:57:49 BDT
Mr. A. Proud says:
I have just bought this and was disappointed to find that the actual runtime when adding up each individual film in the box only comes to 1888 minutes when it states on the main box 1973 minutes runtime. When you add up the times for these films as stated on the IMDB Site it is 1983 minutes so 1888 minutes is 95 minutes short and 1973 mins. which is stated is 85 mins. short which I do not find very satisfactory. Has anybody else noticed this ?

Posted on 15 Apr 2010 10:45:24 BDT
Paul McNamee says:
It's just PAL/NTSC conversion loss. You're not missing cuts, but American and UK DVDs run at different rates of frames per second so the times are often out by about 5 minutes per 2-hour picture. This is a common mistake.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Apr 2010 15:31:11 BDT
Mr. A. Proud says:
Hi. This seems a logical explanation but what I am getting at is, on the container box for the films it states that the runtime for the films is 1973 minutes runtime, which it cannot possibly be because the runtime added up for the films, taken from the dvd's in the box is only 1888 minutes, and if they are all like To The Devil A Daughter, this has been cut to ribbons. So can you explain this. Regards
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  13 Apr 2010
Latest post:  15 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Ultimate Hammer Collection [DVD]
The Ultimate Hammer Collection [DVD] by Christopher Lee (DVD - 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (73)