Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 27 July 2012
One-horn's daughter isn't like the other satyricorns of the herd. She has no horns and is of no use to them. The satyricorns are wild and will kill any trespassing humans, a man comes galloping by and is captured. She kills him and claims his possessions. The herd is getting suspicious of her lack of horns, she must find some way of escaping. She is fascinated by the winged horses and ties herself to one. She rides it and ends up meeting a human family and their son, Lewen.

They soon discover that she and the horse are inseparable despite the fact that the only way to tame one and gain it's respect is to ride if for 1 year and 1 day. Her talent interests her new friends. Her upbringing means that she is wild and must learn manners. Her worlds gets turned upside down when she discovers who the man she killed was, her friends start to suspect it was her. Will she survive when the rest of the world discovers what she did ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I loved this book, how could you not be drawn in by the horse-crazy, wild, beautiful heroine and the interesting world she lives in ? I would recommend this to teenagers (14/15+) or adults who love fantasy and horses !
on 28 November 2015
This was a lucky find in a secondhand bookshop. I really enjoyed it and think it is suitable for any aged reader who enjoys fantasy. It may be difficult to find the rest of the trilogy though as it was printed a few years ago now.
on 28 June 2008
I bought this whilst in the US as I wanted to try reading a fantasy novel and liked the idea of a romantic fantasy. I had no idea what compelling reading it would be. So much so that before I had even finished it I had ordered the second and third book from Amazon and days later I have almost finished the last one. I absolutely loved being able to get away from it all and become engaged and consumed by the adventures of the heroin Rhiannon. So I would recommend as a first read in this type of work and a must have for anyone already enjoying such writing.