The latest edition of the world's most prestigious and authoritative world atlas, containing up-to-date world maps and thematic information curated by experts in geography and cartography.
Now in its thirteenth edition, the Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World continues to be the benchmark of cartographic excellence. The atlas is relied on and trusted by governments, media companies and international organisations around the world including the UN and the European Commission.
Major updates include:
• 7,000 place name changes, most notably in the Russian Federation, China, Kazakhstan, Iran, and Afghanistan
• A beautifully illustrated section on current issues from climate to economy
• The new country of South Sudan
• 37 city plans added for major cities around the world
• New satellite image of Antarctica
• Flag and year of independence for every country
• Updated national parks and conserved areas
• 100 additional abandoned settlements