From the Back Cover
THE TIMES WORLD ATLASES & THEMATIC HISTORY ATLASES
• HarperCollins 'Cartographic' are market leaders in the field of world atlases.
• 'The Times' brand offers a sense of tradition and authority with clear, accurate and beautifully detailed mapping – complementing the 'Collins' Atlas range and providing you with the widest possible choice.
• As with the 'Collins' Atlases of the World, mapping for 'The Times' range is drawn from a constantly updated database, ensuring absolute accuracy.
• A superb range of beautifully illustrated thematic history atlases which provide a wealth of fascinating and invaluable information on topics as diverse as World History and Archaeology.
• An excellent range of World Reference Maps that complement the atlases – the same accuracy and detail, but ideal for hanging on the wall.
• With outstanding quality and attention to detail, 'The Times' atlases are the perfect gift and a joy to own.
THE TIMES ATLAS OF THE 20TH CENTURY
A compelling and richly interwoven mosaic of text, maps and pictures which examines the rapid pace of change during this century. From the century's opening years to the First World War, through the Great Depression, the Second World War and the Cold War, to the uncertain stumblings of the New World Order. Every major development of the century is covered.
• Over 300 full-colour illustrations
• Over 240 full-colour maps
About the Author
Richard Overy is a leading authority in the field of modern history. He is Professor of Modern History at Exeter University, and is the general editor for the highly-acclaimed Times History of the World series of books.