on 29 March 2006
This is a fantastic story packed with great characters. Its written in a way that makes you think its real. It is all set on one of the Scillie Islands where a family get snowed in with the rest of the local community. Everybody has secrets and one by one they get uncovered. This is real page turning stuff and I recommend it to anyone. The teenagers stories took me right back to when I was a kid. Heartbreaking.
on 10 May 2006
I couldn't put the book down!!! It grabbed me right from the start. Laugh out loud funny in places and heart-wrenchingly serious in others. Lovely.

Cant wait for the next one.
on 30 January 2006
Well, I am definitely a rees and Lloyd fan, I love the stories, they mostly manage to take me there, from love story into love story, it feels like it´s me and I need to push myself into putting the book down but not this time, I am afraid they might have got the factory virus as I think good writers often have ( finishing a book in a very speedy tempo, somehow this book was just very different from the other ones I read, everything you were suppose to feel while reading is actually spelled out, there is no room for imagination, every step of the story is sooo predictable, it was upright irritating. Sorry to say so, but maybe they wrote this one a little bit too quick? I will stay a fan but do not recommend this one at all, love lives and we are family are from a far better quality.
on 13 March 2006
I got this as a Christmas present, but only just got reound to reading it. Finished it in one sitting. It was fab. Really believable characters and really exciting as well. I even cried at the end! Hope there is a sequel as I wanted it to go on much longer. Read this! You wont regret it.
Having read all of Josie Lloyd's and Emlyn Rees' stuff, this one followed the same winning formula - boy/girl/west country/seaside etc. It's the story of Aussie Lawyer Kellie and her inadvertant trip to one of the Scilly Isles where she encounters her lover and his family who are celebrating Christmas there. The characters are well rounded and the plotline becomes compelling towards the end. Overall, a good read.
on 15 November 2005
What a wonderful book ! This is definitely one of the best this year ! I was a bit disappointed with their last book, “We are family” and wondered if their husband & wife writing partnership had reach a dull plateau …. “Three day rule” proves that this is not the case. Even though the story is rather simple in itself (a girl, a married man and Cornwall !) Rees & Lloyd have managed to bring us in their characters lives in a very talented and emotional manner. Fantasticly well written. And as the story takes place at Christmas, this makes this book a fantastic Christmas idea !