Customer Discussions > The Thorn Birds [DVD] forum

The Thorn Birds

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Dec 2008 11:59:38 GMT
Bookworm says:
Can someone help me, I am looking to buy this as an Xmas present and not ever having watched this would like to know if this is the complete story as it says series 1 on the title? Where there anymore series issued after other than the missing years?

An urgent replies would be appreciated as I am running out of shopping days to order it, thanks

Posted on 24 Apr 2010 00:59:59 BDT
I am an American who owns our copy of this set. Why it is being called "Series 1" in your country, I have no idea. This is the original that came out in 1983 in its entirety. The 1996 in betweener called "The Missing Years" is on a separate disc. In my country, that separate disc is becoming hard to find, but several stores are selling it "attached" to the original for maybe 5 or 10 bucks more than this set. Trust me (even though I own it), The Missing Years is a myth, nothing at all that happens in the book during the period in question is shown in that film. If you are looking for the original 1983 print, this is it. Ignore the "Series 1" reference.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  17 Dec 2008
Latest post:  24 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Thorn Birds [DVD]
The Thorn Birds [DVD] by Rachel Ward (DVD - 2004)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (229)