on 4 December 2002
An excellent read for anybody interested in Corfiote/Greek cuisine, especially foodies intending to holiday in Corfu. Very useful for those going on a self catering holiday.
The book is informative with many interesting recipes using local ingredients with tips on where to find them. The photographs are beautiful and the book as a whole shows a great deal of local knowledge. Highly recommended.
on 27 April 2003
This book made our villa holiday in corfu so much more interesting. Vicky Bennison clearly loves Corfu, and her charming book will help others to do the same. I hope that she writes on other places.
on 1 July 2011
This was a book I was really looking forward to. Great reviews and the website is good but the book just did not hit it for me.
to cook or buy
Yes, some nice pictures, and stuff on Corfu tavernas and food but not much of anything really and at nearly £12, just not good value for money.

For example the bit I was really hoping would be comprehensive was the recommended tavernas and there was just a mention of a handful from a few places. For example Agni has 3 places and all were reviewed whereas there are loads of places that I didn't know and was hoping it would lead me to.

Maybe as an experienced traveller to Corfu I am being harsh but I can look at pretty pictures for free al day on Google Images