TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 January 2009
I was acting like any good Amazon customer, and browsing this in the bookstore, and then hotfooted here to buy it.

This book could have many titles, the wisdom of Willie for example, but it was the Tao that caught my attention.

If you are like me, you might agree that the Tao Te Ching which is 2,500 years old is one of the best books of wisdom ever written. You might also tend to think Willie would not be one of its exponents.

I am not particularly a Willie Nelson fan, though I do respect his output as a singer and songwriter, with songs such as Patsy Cline's classic Crazy.

Yet, I find myself laughing innapropriately out loud in the bookstore, as he relates various adventures, jokes and anecdotes with tieins to the Tao.

Willie is an excellent raconteur and joke teller, an interesting character, and, naturally, a consummate entertainer. So we hear some of his exploits, ofr example with law enforcement.

I highly recommend this as an entertaining read. As far as the Tao is concerned, you will need to read that separately, and I think Willie will pique your interest, with his many references, and applications of its principles. If you were to buy the Tao Te Ching,I recommend the Stephen Mitchell version.

I hope you find this review helpful.
on 29 April 2011
Just the right balance of laughs and advice to make this book a keeper
that I'm sure I will read over again a few more times yet,in the years ahead.
A surprisingly good read.
on 8 October 2014
A fantastic read written with great insight and humour. It is full of ideas and comments about helping the reader to live a more restful
and peaceful life but I can't fully agree with the drug taking or it may get me arrested but a great read never the less.
on 26 June 2016
A reasonably amusing read although I am glad I didn't pay much for this ebook.
on 12 October 2015
Very funny in places, and wise words indeed, a most enjoyable read.
on 18 April 2015
Lovely book, gives a good description of Taoism.
on 16 February 2015