From the Back Cover
THE MOST UNUSUAL BOOK TOM CLANCY HAS EVER WRITTEN. THE FACTS BEHIND THE FICTION.
Never before seen by the general public: a rare glimpse inside both a Royal Navy and a US Navy nuclear submarine – with Tom Clancy as your guide.
Only the author of 'Hunt for Red October' could capture the reality of life aboard a nuclear submarine. Only a writer of Tom Clancy's importance could obtain security clearance for information, diagrams and photographs not previously available to the public. Now, for the first time, every civilian can enter this top-secret world and experience the drama and excitement of this stunning technological achievement… the weapons, the procedures, the people themselves… the startling facts behind the fiction that made Tom Clancy a No 1 best-seller.
• A tour of the Royal Navy Trafalgar-class nuclear submarine HMS Triumph
• A tour of the US Navy Los Angeles class nuclear submarine USS Miami
• Exclusive photographs, illustrations and diagrams
• Mock war scenarios and weapons launch procedures
• An inside look at life on board, from captain to crew, from training exercises to operations
• The fascinating history and evolution of submarines
• Tom Clancy's controversial views on submariner tactics and training methods.
About the Author
Since the phenomenal worldwide success of ‘‘The Hunt for Red October’, his controversial, ground-breaking first novel, Tom Clancy has become one of the world’s fastest-selling thriller writers. Three of his novels have been made into highly successful films: ‘The Hunt for Red October’, ‘Patriot Games’ and ‘Clear and Present Danger’. He is also the author of several non-fiction books on military subjects, and the co-creator of the ‘Op-Centre’ series. He lives in Maryland, USA.