"Look no further for the essential social policy primer. Accessible and bang up–to–date analysis and commentary by leading experts in their fields. Invaluable." — D avid Brindle , Public Services Editor, The Guardian
The fourth edition of TheStudent's Companion to Social Policy maintains the text's inimitable and best-selling approach. Written by a wide range of experts in the field, it has been extensively updated and revised to take account of recent developments and debates and changing political and economic configurations.
- Includes an additional five chapter section on the key themes and issues in the development of social policy in the UK since the nineteenth century
- New to this edition are chapters addressing emergent areas in the discipline, new illustrative material, problem-centred review questions, and a dedicated website
- Provides students with a ‘Companion' which is so comprehensive that it can be used throughout their undergraduate and/or postgraduate studies
- Meets the needs both of those specializing in social policy or policy-related occupations and the wide range of students studying it as part of other programmes
- Enhanced by a website, featuring student resources including chapter overviews, study questions, videos, resource guides, and more