Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:£6.99

on 6 May 2014
I'm not usually a great fan of rom-coms in general, so I guess I wasn't expecting too much... and I got more than I bargained for with this film. OK, some could say that a few scenes are a perhaps a little unrealistic and others perhaps somewhat predictable, but that comes with the genre itself. The story really flows quite well and the pace is fast enough so you don't have time to get bored. Admittedly, being a French translator myself I didn't have to suffer reading the subtitles, but I couldn't help checking them up from time to time, just to see how they translated some slang and they did a good job of it. Not having to concentrate on reading the subtitles means I had my full attention on the acting, and it is surprisingly good, particularly the main character played by Raphael Personnaz. Also, the plot has a number of refreshingly twists and turns. In the end, the film totally made my day. I gave it 5 stars, because i I really loved it, but it deserves at least 4 stars.
on 23 September 2014
Pretty good (3.5 stars if I could). Worth a watch, but not exceptional. The sort of film a guy who considers himself a bit of a dude, would probably label as a chick flick but end up enjoying. Apart from the usual things that call people to watch films like an interesting story, or beautiful cinematography, great acting etc, I really need to like (or detest) characters to be invested in a film to watch it all the way through. I did watch it all the way through and loved the male leads character (and the baby) and found it interesting, but not enough to give it a 4. I think it was the writing and direction... Also my lack of points is probably a personal thing as a woman of not liking female lead's character: you know the current style of mainly male screenplay writers making female lead who is wholly unlikable and a bit of a cow with no remarkable qualities, that still manages to get the guy to fall head over heals in love with her). In general although light and fun, the film has a anti-woman tone about it - don't want to go as far as saying misogynistic, but all the female characters are selfish, whorish, loutish, vapid and/or vain. Some women who consider themselves feminists may disagree with me and see it as refreshing, but I found it a little displeasing... Still worth a watch and **one of the better French comedies currently included free on Amazon Prime.
on 6 September 2013
The Stroller Plan or La Stratégie de la poussette as it is known in France is a film I have been wanting to watch for some months now.

Raphaël Personnaz, Julie Ferrier & Charlotte Le Bon star in this wonderfully light, uplifting and refreshing film. The film centers around Thomas (Raphaël Personnaz) and Marie (Julie Ferrier) who break up because Thomas does not want to commit. Marie moves on with her life, rather swiftly, while Thomas is stuck in love and looking for a way to try and turn his life around when a baby drops into his life - literally! The film centers around Thomas in particular and how he sets about deceiving people around him in order to achieve what he wants. This may not sound uplifting and refreshing but ultimately the storyline follows a slightly unusual yet obvious at times path. One which I thoroughly enjoyed following.

The film is entirely in French, with English subtitles available, and this only serves to make the film more interesting to me. The storyline is something of a romance one, in parts, despite Thomas' deception, and I found myself willing the film to progress in order to find out if the film would go the way I wanted it to. There were times that I laughed out loud watching this film and ultimately once I had finished watching it I was left with a warm feeling in my heart, even if just briefly.

I will definitely watch this film again as I feel that the French language is beautiful and it just serves to add a little more to this film. I love the music used and there was some fantastic acting throughout this film, although it may just have seemed that way because I was concentrating on the subtitles at times. I loved the plot of this film and was not let down in the slightest by anything during this film. I will be keeping this DVD in my collection and have already started recommending it to friends.
on 12 August 2015
Yes, the movie is in french. It did surprise me, but as it's not the first time I've seen a film with subtitles I gave it a shot. And to be honest I'm quite glad I did. I mean, it's certainly not the greatest or most inspiring movie out there, but even as someone who can understand about 7 words of french on a good day, I can still tell the acting is pretty good and the storyline itself is cute.
on 12 February 2016
The Stroller Plan or La Stratégie de la poussette as it is known in France is a film I was debating watching, Raphaël Personnaz is one of my favorite actors but then I had read mixed reviews on this film. However, I noticed that the bad reviews was that the film is in French. After finally watching this film i can say it a good comical film.
on 11 January 2015
It was not made clear anywhere in the description that the film is not in English!
on 1 November 2014
Really good film I was surprized,very funny and the acting is really good. Enjoyable film. Not your standard rom-com, this one has more depth and a lot better than a majority of the blockbusters. This film does not disappoint.
on 11 August 2014
Brilliant, FRENCH movie. Funny, comedy timing is spot on. Refreshing, you really feel the French quality and yes they do have a fabulous sense of humour! highly recommend.
on 20 August 2014
This film was fantastic; not the typical rom-com you'd expect. It's sweet, thoughtful, clever and really beautifully filmed. I love French cinema! Loved it.
on 7 August 2015
Another cute romance film. There are just so many out there, and this one is just as pleasant as all the others without being outstanding.