on 8 December 2013
In a nut shell: this book is really interesting. It's something different that doesn't include a vampire vs werewolf love triangle or anything of the sort. It's not disappointing either, it's right. Just right.

The characters: the characters are interesting actually, just like the book, they're dynamic and realistic, and each and every one of them brings something to plot.

The plot, that's original. It weakens a little in the middle, and occasionally the writing becomes really academic, which can be a bad thing in YA but for this book, I think it actually works.

Notes: I know I haven't given anything away, but that's on purpose! You'll have to read it to know what I'm talking about...
on 27 May 2015
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I felt like this could have been a great book, but unfortunately there were a few things that let it down.

Firstly though, I did love the concept and the characters really popped. I had a hard time with Abigail at first, thinking she was just another cliche mean girl, but about a third of the way in, my opinion of her changed and I started to like her more and want to read more about her. I loved Dawn and I loved Elliot. The characters were great!

The fantasy aspect to this was good,and I loved the cello aspect.

What's led to me giving it such a low rating are: the constant typos, missed letters, missed words etc; the slow beginning that was bogged down in backstory (things were better after the first three chapters, but it was a long hard-to-read beginning); and the slow, draggy prose that suffocated what could have been a good story.