Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 9 May 2014
Although written over 40 years ago they could almost be current stories. Just need to remember that monetary values were somewhat different then and in the Spoilers. Iran was politically different from now. However a good exciting read. Desmond Bagley, in my view, is one of the best thriller writer of all time. I read his work in the 60's and 70's and enjoy reading them again 40 years later.
on 30 August 2013
Desmond Bagley books were a 'staple'of many annual holidays to North Wales for my husband and he is enjoying catching up on them again now. The stories never fail to engage and are very gripping.For anyone who likes to get at the action within the first few pages, Mr Bagley always comes up trumps.
on 3 March 2015
The Spoilers stands the test of time. Yes, some of the monetary amounts are out of date, but the total potential value of the drugs is still massive. The political situation of the Kurds is remarkably similar to what it is today.

As others have said, Desmond Bagley is a cracking thriller writer and I am really pleased that the publisher has reprinted his books. I am not a great fan of omnibus editions as the books get rather cumbersome. I don't know how it was decided to pair up particular books - the first story was written in 1969 and the second published posthumously in 1985.

I've just read Juggernaut, which is a cracking read. Luckily there is not much mention of values and these days some communication would be much better. Africa seems much the same now as it did 30 years ago and this story of an epic journey kept my attention all the way through.
on 13 June 2014
A doctor a business mogul and an assorted bunch of good guys go after the drug barons in a story that's " tall " but believable and
overall a good story, not his best, but enjoyable for all that........it might be old fashioned, but it's good to see the bad guys get a bloody nose....

Juggernaut, a story set in Africa, with the good guys in fairly plentiful supply, fighting whatever is thrown at them. A believable story
that cuts along at a decent pace and overall a decent enough story, worth the reading
on 3 October 2014
Desmond Bagley was one of the best writers that you could wish to read, straight into the plot from the start and twists all the way through any of his books, not only these ones but any that he has written, my advice is get them all and read them, if you enjoy action adventure, Every book is different, hard to believe that the same auther has written them all ,The hours that must have been put into the writing of each book is unbelievable. As I have said read all his novels, you will not be disappointed.
on 14 July 2014
The Spoilers is real and racy...kept me hungry from beginning to end. Characters I could identify with and twists to keep me guessing.
Juggernaut is a slow starter but gets up to pace and maintains it to the end. I feel I have met most of the characters at one time or another in real life and their interactions keep the plot on the boil.
on 4 August 2014
2 books in one a real bargain.
The first book "The Spoilers" is a very good read, well written well thought out.
I assumed the 2nd book "Juggernaut" would be a disappointment but how wrong I was.

This is excellent value and a very enjoyable double read.
on 22 August 2014
Read these books years ago and loved them, Desmond Bagley books were always a good read, very underrated writer. Would certainly recommend them
A good book worth reading. Once started it was hard to put down. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes a good read.
on 29 July 2014
Good tale with a difference it was a tale of twists and turns with a quiet ending which should have more intense