Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 July 2015
If you're looking around for a starter collection which has on it all genuine anthems from the noughties, from artists who were, and in many cases still are, huge on the indie-rock music scene, this excellent two-disc compilation, covering the full years spanning 2000-2010, is a near-perfect first album.

Real British music is, to my ears at least, some of the world's best, and this excellent playlist reads like a 'who's who' of talent, as well as plenty of other artists from different parts of the world. Most, if not all of these songs have been put onto compilations time and time again, and this will continue to happen. However, 'The Songs' is one of those rare sets that omits any filler, and all of the singles actually were big hits, they are actually anthems.

My personal favourites, and because there are just so many I really am having to cut this list down dramatically, include Paolo Nutini's 'Last Request, The View's 'Same Jeans', The Killers' 'When You Were Young', 'America' by Razorlight, 'Handbags and Gladrags' by Stereophonics, and 'Sing' by Travis. The only song I really dislike is 'Rockstar' by Nickelback, I did like it though, but I have an embarrassing incident regarding these one that still makes me cringe. Nevertheless, it was a big hit, and so probably deserves it's place here.
on 9 December 2013
all my favourite songs in one album, fantastic! no need to keep changing CDs on the move with this, well worth listening to
on 31 January 2014
I love compilation CDs and this decade of anthems is just astounding, I can play it over and over again. Would definitely recommend this. Relax and kick back and enjoy.
on 25 January 2014
This album has so many classics and it's amazing, I gave it as a christmas present and they also loved it as much as me - such a good album
on 13 March 2014
this has all my favoured artist the songs are brilliant, great for chilling out, love downloads, can take it everywhere
on 27 December 2013
A good set of tuned on this cd. Also it's well worth the £9.00 for a double cd. Could listen again and again
on 21 September 2015
Excellent double album. So good for the price that I bought more for Xmas gifts. Love it.
on 17 November 2013
Typically I expect to like around 40% of the tracks on compilations, so I was pleasantly surprised to find all of the tracks are winners - mostly very well known singles from that era. I also like the way it starts somewhat British melancholic and then turns American gradually uptempo. Well arranged and 18p per track. Look forward to 2010-2020!
on 25 August 2014
this was a xmas present for my friend who loves it.
on 7 November 2014
very good album. speedily delivered