Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 12 August 2013
love it! to find a recipe book that has recipes for one great!! I have either had to eat the same thing twice or calculate the recipe to make it fit
on 30 May 2013
I bought this recipe book as the other 5:2 recipe books people had reviewed on amazon said they were for 4 or more portions which would be useless to me as I am the only one in the house doing the diet. Therefore I wanted a recipe book where I could make portions just for myself and this is perfect if only one of you is doing the 5:2 diet. It has both snack and dinner recipes for you to choose from and you don't have to worry about dividing the ingredients to work out the correct amount to use for one portion. I would recommend buying this book and good luck to those on this diet!
11 comment|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 September 2013
I've just started this diet and this book is a fantastic help with loads of delicious recipes for creating meals within the calorie allowance. Not so sure about the smoothies but there is plenty else to choose from.
on 20 October 2013
An excellent little book which is suitable for my diet days on this diet and inspirational for other days too if I increase the amounts. Glad I bought it.
on 19 July 2013
Some interesting recipes and some cooking techniques which can easily be adapted to reduce the calories in one's everyday cooking. Recommended.
on 12 February 2014
good book i don't have time to think to much about what im going to eat, this is all counted out for you great thanks
on 31 March 2014
quick delivery - lovely recipes most quick and easy to prepare/cook. easy to up the ingredients if cooking for more than one
on 23 January 2014
This diet does everything it is supposed to do. I am amazed at how much weight I am losing, a stedy 5lbs per week. I am using it in conjunction with The skinny 5:2 diet Slow cooker. Recipes from both these books are delicious and filling.
on 9 January 2014
As with a lot of people, looking to lose a bit of weight after the festive season and thought I'd give the 5:2 a go. Bought this and a few others and thought it looked good. There are some good recipes in here, made a couple and they were tasty, but did think there seemed to be quite a lot of food for the calories stated.

When making the Pea and Mint Risotto (which, I grant you, was very tasty!), my suspicions were raised and I had a quick check of the calories in my rice and was a bit shocked to find that the rice alone accounted for almost all of the calories the recipe stated it contained. When I counted it all up, I found that the recipe must contain at least 400 calories per serving, compared to the 277 it says. I am not using any ingredients that are particularly special either.

I am very annoyed, if this recipe was wrong I clearly can't trust any of the others. Still gives a good starting point, but make sure you check the calories yourself!
on 2 October 2013
Recipes are quick and easy to follow and can be great if you are in a hurry. Not sure if the recipes keep with the 500 calories form women on the Fast Diet as suggested.