Platform: PC|Edition: Standard|Format: Box|Change

on 18 December 2010
I am a massive fan of the series. Despite being a guy, I love sims because it is one of nto very many games that let you create and play God with entire worlds whilst not being neither a full blown city simulator nor a game for 5 year olds with almost fluorescent graphics with characters having heads bigger than bodies and everything being 100% innocently boring and childish.

No, this is a game which will qite literally glue you to the screen. One thing you need to bear in mind is that you have to get expansions or you will get bored. Now 2 previous add-on stuff packs didnt add much to the game. The actual expansion packs (Ambitions and Adventures) did add a few very good and useful things. Now based on previous experience I was expecting only a little furnishings and maybe a few cars. But I was proven completely wrong.

High tech stuff offered one room worth of furniture and some build objects and few pieces of clothing.
This offers again clothing (not too much but still something), 4 styles of cars - for 3 of which there are complete sets of furniture, a new trait which Im yet to test, a new interaction with your cars and 2 bikes.

Correct me if Im wrong but for 6.99 it is frankly a bargain. Clearly EA has put it's back into this add on and created something that is finaly worth the money they're asking you to pay for it.

I would definitely recommend anyone who has The Sims 3 to buy this pack. Even if you were disappointed by the previous stuff packs, this one should redeem the games reputation. Overall, I am really pleased with the aount of stuff I got.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 September 2010
This is the second stuff pack for the Sims 3 and it is much better then the previous pack; The Sims 3: Design and Hi-Tech Stuff (PC/Mac DVD), which was not all that great.

Although not being an actual expansion pack, thus not a significant addition to gameplay, it is a really nice addition to our little Sims' lifestyle.

The main addition is a variety of cars, not many but some are really nice, I particularly liked the rockabilly ones. The idea is to have new cars and accessories to go with these cars; it includes all kinds of items (again not that many), decorations, a few hairstyles and clothing to go with each car's style. So far I have only used items from the rockabilly and the luxury categories and my Sim's lifestyle has already improved. There is also a new 50's music radio station which I found a great addition. It also includes a new option for the personality traits that allows Sims to become friends with their car, I haven't tried it yet but it's really strange!

This stuff pack was easy to install to my PC and so far it didn't cause any problems to my gameplay.
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The fast lane stuff pack introduces a lot of cars into your game, but there are more features besides this. Firstly installing the game requires the disc and serial code but no online activation, and once you install this game you will have to play the game using this disc in the drive. And be aware of the order you install games in or you may have some problems.

This expansion pack is all about sims and their cars. The sims 3 already let our sims have a variety or cars but this pack drastically expands the amount. And apart from having new cars there are a lot of car related objects so you can make your sims look like they have a proper garage if you want. Sims have new oufits to go with their cars too, and a few new hairdos.

There is a new key bonus trait that appears in this pack and that is vehicle enthusiast. All sims with this stuff pack can develop a relationship with their car, eventually allowing them to be friends and even giving a car a name, but the vehicle enthusiast has an extra special bond with his or her car.

Nothing about this expansion thrilled me to bits but there was something that annoys me now. Upon installing this expansion every sim in the neighbourhood that isn't in the current active household suddenly owns a car. And this is literally everbody. Teens and adult sims all gain a car and if you change active households after a while of playing you'll see that every sim has suddenly got a best friends relationship with their car. This got more and more annoying as with some families I wanted to get them a car when I wanted it and not when the game dictated, and also I wanted to get them to be close to a car of MY choosing and not the game's which usually chose that sloppy jalopy type car for almost all my sims. All sims having a car also makes the sims taxi service practically obsolete and only usable by sims holding babies it seems.

This bug aside though I like this stuff pack but am giving it an overall 4 for the annoying 'give everyone a car' bug.

Recommend to anyone with the sims 3 but again beware you install it in order if you plan on getting other expansion packs.
on 21 April 2011
This is a good stuff pack and much better than the first.It adds a good range of new vehicles that were lacking in the original game,plus new hairstyles and outfits to go with the 1950s rockabilly style cars.
More than that,it also adds a new radio station and personality trait.
This stuff pack is a really interesting addition to the game
on 1 November 2012
The product arrived promotly and worked perfectly. It was easy to install and worked quickly.
It has a variety of items in the expansion, including very cool outfits. You can also get scooters and a motorbike.
There a some very fast and stylish cars also.
Overall, it is worth every penny.
on 14 July 2011
Fast lane is wiked because you get loads of new racing cars and lots others you can also get a motor bike. You can get really nice clouths and hair types. If I was you I would get it because for such a little price it's such a brilliant game. Get it, get it, get it, get it.
on 15 March 2014
I bought this because I thought the original game didn't have much choice for cars. I did a little research before I bought it, and was delighted to find that it came with clothes/hair/furniture. I was then able to then build my dream vintage home, with a Marilyn Monroe look-alike character with a really cool old car. It adds a little more to the game's look, but not really it's gameplay. Still a great expansion imo. Would recommend to players who like to spend time dressing their sims & their houses!
on 18 April 2015
I love this stuff pack it adds nice amount of content to create a sim and build mode and as you can guess this stuff pack is based a round cars and most of the items are cars and decorations for garages and your sim can have a relationship with a car.

Overall I am impressed with how much content there is in this stuff pack and I strongly recommend it.
on 29 September 2010
I have been a critic of these Sims stuff packs. This one however is actually not too bad. The theme is a strong one, including new motors and motoring related items and clothing. The new Rockability radio station really adds a nice touch with some great tunes. The only real criticism is that there could have been more motors included.
on 11 November 2010
Anyone who is into the Sims is probably going to buy this without any reccommendation from me. There are a lot of new vehicles , including a full blown racing car! Furniture is included and this pack is obviously in preparation for the next add-on Late Night. So if you like cars from vintage to modern consider buying it!

See one answered question