- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Simpsons: Springfield Murder Mysteries [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Four episodes of the cult favourite cartoon sitcom. Conspiracy and intrigue abound in 'Who Shot Mr Burns?' (parts 1 and 2) when Mr Burns is shot and Chief Wiggum leads the investigation into the lengthy suspect list - including Homer. On his release from prison in 'Black Widow', Sideshow Bob (voiced by Kelsey Grammer) starts dating Aunt Selma, although Bart believes that he has ulterior motives. Finally in 'Cape Feare', Sideshow Bob seeks revenge against Bart and the rest of the family.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The first half of this DVD focuses on the murderous schemes of Sideshow Bob. In 'Black Widower' (1992), Bob is released from prison and during his time in jail, has written pen pal letters to Selma, he marries her and tries to murder her on their honeymoon. Stupid Homer steals this episode for me, it's so funny to see him puzzled about what's going on when Bart informs him for his murderous plans. This is a highly entertaining and funny episode and was one that stood out in my mind when I was a child. The final episode is my personal Simpsons favourite: 'Cape Fare' (1993). Largely based on the horror film of the same name, Bob once again sets foot outside of jail and tries to murder Bart, the family move away under a new identity, but Sideshow Bob soon tracks them down. This is a superb episode, one that you can watch again and again, I know a lot of people who regard 'Cape Fare' as their favourite. It's so well written and absolutely hilarious.
The next half of the DVD is taken up by the brilliant two part 'Who Shot Mr. Burns?' episode, a clever parody on Dallas' 'Who Shot J.R?' storyline. The first half was the last episode of season six and ends on a cliff hanger. Viewers originally had to wait until the seventh season to find out who shot Burns. The first episode contained a number of subtle clues, for viewers who wanted to unravel the mystery. A superb two part episode and a genuine whodunnit.
For me, this is the best single disc compilation of Simpsons episodes, the set is simply brilliant from start to finish.
01: Who shot mr burns p.1
03 black widower
04 cape fear