VINE VOICEon 16 September 2004
For starters, this game is excellent fun! Naturally based around the Simpson's world there is a lot of the usual humour and madness involved in the game, as well as great attention to detail with regards to where everything is in the game with regards to the television series. Simpsons fans will appreciate this.
As opposed to all-out racing the game is based around certain missions that push the comic storyline forwards. Such missions often include following a car to a certain place, or rushing around to a timer whilst collecting certain things. There are races that you can take part in to win money which can later be used to buy new vehicles or clothing for the characters. The game is completed in such a way, not just by doing the missions but also by collecting all of the cars available and by collecting certain bonus items along the way.
This game is great fun although it is also highly addictive. I have seen family members spend 4 hours at a time sat in front of it! Its not serious at all although how could you expect such a thing from the Simpsons?!
on 22 September 2004
My 7 year old loves this game, bought when it was £34.99. The size allows loads of free roaming, you can steal cars as well as earn them, run pedestrians over and smash things, and the challenges are well do-able. Much more suitable for the youngsters than the "Vice City" series, and interesting enough to return to again and again. It has proved well worth the asking price, and is now an absolute bargain.
on 22 November 2007
It's really good to be fair. To start the UP parts, 1.The game has alot of free time to do what you want on it. 2.It has alot of the simpsons jokes in it. 3.You can explore Springfield. 4.You are rewarded for destroying things with money. 5.Money can be spent on clothes and cars!!!
6.3 crazy worlds to explore:Springfield,squidport and uptown and downtown Springfield. 7.And MUCH MUCH MORE!!!
I make it sound good but one down part. again like the simpsons game some kids may get stuk not for begginers (good for over 9 children.)

STORY
a strange new cola is on sale in springfield which makes people go crazy.
But the cola is made by no other than Kang and Kodos. They made this cola to make people go crazy so that kang and kodos can use it on there new program which shows stupid humans that alieans will want to see. But when the cola gets into the water suplie it wakes the dead! can Homer save the town?
so the game is fun overall so bye it DONT rent it!!!
on 21 May 2007
I don't like to blow my own trumpet, but I know pretty much everything about the Simpsons. I've probably seen every episode there is to see. And I tell you what - the producers of this game have done a heck of a lot of research.

Every single episode you can think of, there is some relation to it in the game. Whether it be the solid gold house, the broken down monorail, Herman's Military Antique Shop...it's all there. This makes the game incredible in itself. As a hardcore Simpsons fan, I found most enjoyable about this game exploring each level, admiring the sheer detail of Springfield. The levels are designed so intelligently.

Often when I watched the Simpsons, sad as it may be, I imagined how fantastic it would be to live there. To drive the streets, explore the town and to meet the hundreds of different people. Well, when I got this game, it wasn't a matter of imagination - it was reality. First hand experience of wonderful Springfield.

Onto the missions. These let the game down, unfortunately. They are SO REPETITIVE! There is literally about 5 different types of mission, and there are 50 main missions on the game. And the missions are rarely explained well. For example, most of the time (particularly towards the later levels), there is a time limit for each level. Why? Don't ask me - they don't tell you. They just shove on a time limit for the hell of it. And it always involves chasing some other car, or collecting something falling out of the back of a car. It gets so tedious. Furthermore, the difficulty level is pretty awful. Considering young(ish) kids will be playing this game, it is a disgrace how hard some of the missions are. They require near, if not total, perfection. One mistake, and you may as well end the mission. What makes it worse is that on every mission, cars on the road randomly drive into you, so you run out of time, or lose the vehicle you are chasing. There is no explanation of this either. And it happens ALL THE TIME! Equally as bad is the fact that some missions are really long, and contain many different sub-tasks. If you fail one sub-task, the whole mission is over, so you have to go back to the start. So that wastes 10 minutes of your time, then you fail again and have to start over. So prepare to break a few controllers - because this is the most frustrating game I have ever played.

However, the best thing about missions on this game is the ability to SKIP. I am surprised GTA haven't come up with this option yet. If you are struggling with a mission (i.e. fail it 5 times), you get the option to skip the mission the next time you fail it. So you can move on with the story. So much better than GTA, where if you can't do a mission, you can't progress. What a great feature the SKIP option is.

Another great thing about this game is the character voice acting. All the originals are there, and there are loads of different characters all over Springfield. Think of one? They're in the game, no doubt.

One of the most impressive things with the game is the interactivity. There are loads of objects that you can use the action button with, which provokes some sort of response from that item. It is very detailed in this aspect.

The cars - well they're alright. Very generic, some of them, but there are some really good inclusions too, from a variety of episodes. Like the Homer Car (the one he builds in the episode with his brother). That has got a terrific hooter, which made me laugh a lot the first time I heard it. The way the characters walk is funny too. Homer walking in an unlockable muumuu outfit - priceless comedy. The character likeness to the original show is second to none.

So to summarise, The Simpsons Hit and Run is the perfect video-game for diehard Simpsons fans. It may be insanely frustrating, but the detail, interactivity and hilarity of this game makes the player feel as if they are experiencing Springfield first hand - an experience I for one have pined for for a very long time.
on 24 February 2007
This is a great games for all the family to enjoy buy all the fancy cars from homers convertable to Marge's Canunaro. That dose include Frinks hover car and Chief Wigams police car.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR WHO IS BEHIND THE PLOT SKIP THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH!

You also have to do gags and reaces and lots of events but be cearful the aliens are about behind all the plot...

You Get to be all the main character including Bart Homer Marge Lisa And Apu If you enjoy the hilarious Program and story behind the simpson tv show you'll love this games and buy it cheap of amazon for all you family to enjoy!
on 29 September 2007
The only Simpsons game I have really like I have got to say!
Drive around 7 different worlds - all incredibly detailed,
Never do the same mission twice as you search to find the meaning of the new Buzz Cola,
Play as Bart, Lisa, Homer, Marge and Apu,
Change all the characters clothes with coins that may be found all over the town,
Also change your cars - these include Ferraris, Bikes and more...
Enter the Simpsons world!
I love this game and recommend it to anyone.
Strictly 7+
Can't wait for the Simpsons MOVIE GAME to come out!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Bought this as a Christmas stocking-filler for my daughter, who's eight years old, and it's proved a success as well as a bargain - the price is so low now you don't really need to think about it. All the voices are genuine (as far as I know!) and although I've barely touched it myself I can recommend it on the grounds that it has been used every single day for two weeks now, which is always the sign of a good choice. I know from past experience when it comes to buying PS2 games that the measure of its worth is how often it gets used. This one has been a hit, and if you like the Simpsons then you'll probably like the game too.

Incidentally, if you're wondering what the difference is between the normal version and this 'Platinum' version - there isn't any. Just the packaging, really. It's called Platinum to indicate how successful it has been as far as sales are concerned, a bit like a CD album when it 'goes platinum'. The game itself is exactly the same, platinum or otherwise.
on 4 February 2013
I played this game when it came out so I may be blinded by nostalgia.

essentialy the game is broken up into 3 maps that variate depending on what character your using, the game advances through
stages in characters (start with homer in evergreen terrance and domestic springfield, then to bart in nearer the city hall, then Lisa near the docks near the Mongomery burns casino, and then different variations of those 3 maps for Marge, Apu, Bart again and then Homer again.)

The maps feel big, the cars included are interesting (Snakes "bandit" was included which is essentially just a Dodge charger)and there is an overarching plot that connects each characters set of missions that increase in difficulty and the story progresses.

The character animation is rather strange but Its a 3d based around a 2d cartoon so thats obvious.

The World in which you play in is large and feels immersive, with nods and links to both old simpsons episodes or other media

you run into known characters either on missions or just about in the street.

Music is quite cool, and reflects characters well, You'll also notice the music changes in Homage to the Sopranos theme when you
past Fat tonys 'Legitimate Businesmans club) and many other little jokes.

just a fun game with many collectibles, missions, races, characters and gags.
on 23 September 2006
This is, by far, the best Simpsons game I've ever played. But an immediate bad point, IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING AND REPETITIVE! I'm only on the second chapter and I've only actually completed one of them, which is where you have to collect landmeat whatever. The rest of them I ended up skipping.

The traffic gets annoying, when cars suddenly needlessly swerve to the side to avoid you, I end up crashing into them anyway. Also, there needs to be more of a variety of cars. In the level where you have to destroy the cell phone user's cars. Every car you have to destroy is the same (I think, it was one of the ones I skipped. I destroyed 3 of them.) If it wasn't for the possibility of skipping, I would probably still be trying to beat Smithers to Mr Burn's mansion. Yes, I'm not very good at the game but still.

With the bad things done, on to the good things. This game makes you feel like you are watching one of the episodes. There are references to episodes when the characters speak. For example, Bart sometimes says 'Ow, my ovaries.' That line is in the episode where Bart pretends to be ill to miss a english test. Anyway, all the jokes are great and get you laughing.

I love it where you can kick ordinary people and they start rolling around spastically on the floor. It's hilarious. I also love destroying cars because you get loads of coins and they just blow up. Though some say otherwise, I quite like the storyline! Well, so far anyway.

With all that done, a true simpsons fan will love this! I haven't bought it yet but I've rented it.
on 15 April 2006
Simpson's Hit & Run

This is a great game! I say that it is a great game because of all the different graphics, characteristics, collectables, racing and all the different places you can visit. Also I like the characters like Homer, Lisa, Bart, Marge and Apu that you get to be. I also like the different cars you get to ride and also I have been trying not to miss out on a single one because all the different cars are wicked scary. So I think you should try out this game, you will not be disappointed.

See one answered question