- Paperback: 314 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (9 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1478213655
- ISBN-13: 978-1478213659
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (267 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 820 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy Paperback – 9 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
I'm Mike and I believe that every person can achieve the body of his or her dreams, and I work hard to give everyone that chance by providing workable, proven advice grounded in science, not a desire to sell phony magazines, workout products, or supplements.
Through my work, I've helped thousands of people achieve their health and fitness goals, and I share everything I know in my books.
So if you're looking to get in shape and look great, then I think I can help you. I hope you enjoy my books and I'd love to hear from you at my site, www.muscleforlife.com.
-K-Rider (Amazon Verified Purchase)
"Simple recipes, but they taste good, adding variety to my menu. A few recipes have already become regulars and my weight loss program is still on track."
-Kynn (Amazon Verified Purchase)
"This book has great variety and will keep me eating lean and healthy, allowing me to continue to build lean muscle mass, as I continue to progress on my workout program. Definitely worth the download."
"These recipes are easy to prepare, fairly cheap, and provide healthy ways to get your micro-nutrients with really tasty foods!"
-James Robert (Amazon Verified Purchase)
If you want to know how to build muscle and burn fat by eating healthy, delicious meals that are easy to cook and easy on your wallet, then you want to read this book.
Do you lack confidence in the kitchen and think that you just can't cook great food?
Are you not sure of how to prepare food that is not only delicious and healthy but also effective in helping you build muscle and lose fat?
Are you afraid that cooking nutritious, restaurant-quality meals is too time-consuming and expensive?
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, don't worry--you're not alone. And this book is the answer: With it, you can cook fast, healthy, and tasty meals every day (and on a reasonable budget) that will help you build muscle or lose weight, regardless of your current skills.
The Shredded Chef is more than just a bunch of recipes, though. It's going to teach you the true scientific basics of gaining muscle and losing fat, because bad diet advice is an epidemic these days.
In this book, you're going to learn how to eat right without having to obsess over every calorie. These 9 scientifically proven rules for eating are the foundation of every great physique, and they have nothing to do with following weird diets or depriving yourself of everything that tastes good.
And the recipes themselves? In this book you'll find 114 healthy, flavorful recipes specifically designed for athletes that want to build muscle or lose fat. Regardless of your fitness goals, this book has got you covered.
Here's a "sneak peek" of the recipes you'll find inside:
- 18 fast, delicious breakfast recipes like Peanut Butter Power Oatmeal, French Muscle Toast, High-Protein Banana Oatcakes, Lean and Mean Zucchini Hash Brown, Macho Mexican Scramble and more. Whether you're trying to burn fat or build muscle, you'll find recipes that will help you get there.
- 18 mouthwatering chicken dishes like Chicken Stroganoff, Tasty Thai Chicken, Jerk Chicken Stir Fry, Honey-Garlic Chicken, and more. Forget boring chicken dishes, even when cutting!
- 14 tasty beef recipes like Low-Fat Russian Beef Stroganoff, Lean Bison Burgers, Vietnamese Beef Noodles, Meathead Meatballs, and more. Enjoy beef like never before with these creative recipes and you'll even find low-calorie beef dishes designed for losing weight!
- 10 savory fish and seafood recipes like Turkey Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Provencal Baked Halibut, Salmon Burgers, Tasty Tuna Melt, and more. Never again settle for flavorless, unappetizing fish and seafood--these recipes will have you singing praises for the sea!
- 7 hearty, healthy pasta recipes like Chicken Pesto Pasta, Asparagus & Goat Cheese Pasta, Classic Pasta Bolognese, Beef Lasagna, Chicken Fettuccine with Mushrooms, and more. Each of the pasta dishes are high in protein, making them great muscle-building treats.
- 14 awesome side dishes like Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Fries, Hot 'n Healthy Brown Rice, Zucchini Risotto, Couscous Salad, and more. You're going to love mixing and matching these side dishes with the entrees and discovering your favorite combinations!
- 5 delectable desserts like Key Lime Pie, Peach Cobbler, Chocolate Protein Mousse, Banana Cream Pie, and more. These sugar-free desserts will satisfy your sweet tooth without the calorie overload!
- And more! (I haven't even mentioned the recipes for pork, salads, protein shakes, protein bars, and snacks...)
With this book you'll also get a free 31-page bonus report from the author called "Muscle Meals: How to Use Nutrition to Maximize Your Muscle and Torch Your Fat."
In this bonus report, you'll learn the truth about "good" and "bad" carbs and exactly which you should eat and which you should avoid, and 5 snacks that are delicious, easy to make, and that can help you build muscle and lose fat.
Scroll up and click the "Buy" button now to learn how to cook nutritious, delicious meals that make building muscle and burning fat easy! See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I understand its about the meals and what they do but god damn is it boring to look at. Black and white text and.....thats it literally.
I would of happily paid an extra few pounds for this book knowing it had pics.
I like to see what my food is going to look like and thought this was a pretty obvious thing in a recipe book.
I could of probably printed this off the printer.
Im going to keep it though and try a few recipes.
The only remark I had was that some of the meals are high in calories 600 and more. This, however, made sense when I read Mike's other book Bigger Lean And Stronger (which is great book by the way), in that book bulking is one of the strategies that you might need to do in order to gain muscles.
For me, since lossint fat is my main goal, i use mainly the 400 calories and kess meals, which are many recipes, I also tweak the high calories ones to make them within the 400 calories mark.
In short regardless of your goal (shredding and losing fat or bulking and gaining muscles) this book helsps you get there in a delecious way :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I LOVE this book!! It has made my meal plans so easy to complete and all the recipes can be found in MyFitnessPal for easy tracking! The recipes taste great! Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Hayley Roberts
Loads of simple, basic recipes that meet the lean and mean criteria. Taste great and perfect for when the cutting commences.Published 25 days ago by Maldon_x
Recently purchased this book and having only cook three main courses so far, I have to say I am quite pleased with this book. Straight forward recipes with many common ingredients. Read morePublished 1 month ago by trevor a hill
Tried a few recipes and not great- not sure the calories and macros are 100% accurate.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
The first half of the book does give some useful advice with reference to scientific material, however there are still a lot of inconsistencies and opinion presented as fact. Read morePublished 1 month ago by A. Dolphin