on 8 May 2013
I loved the book but sometimes I got a bit lost and I had to really think about what was going on. I gave it this rating because that is the rating it deserved. I would recommend this book to people that don't read that much and that want to read a short story. The one thing I was disappointed with was that the book wasn't the whole story but other than that it was absolutely fantastic.
on 4 May 2013
I picked this up on Kindle and thought I'd give it a go but I won't be buying the book when it's avaialble. I just didn't like the main character or the situation and while this may change during the course of the main book there was nothing in this story that made me want to read on.
on 9 April 2015
A disturbing gritty tale of a dystopian future where the rich exploit an underclass of poor, homeless people by renting spaces of a multi-story car park to them. Often these spaces are shared. Guards are open to bribes and corruption; drug abuse and sexual abuse is rife. It is chillingly not so far from the reality of the dispossessed in today's richest countries where inequality has reached an all-time high in the UK and US. We see the world through ten-year-old Sunni's eyes and the effects on her mother when they are evicted from their home. I think it works very well as a short.
I dropped a star as there were rather a lot of errors for a short piece. While you might find a few errors in a full-length novel, I don't expect so many in such a short piece.
on 11 April 2013
Strange story not sure I liked it. Not even sure what it was about except for Sunni a lovable little girl with bad experiences. Was it cannibalism who knows.
on 4 April 2013
Short, but sweet. A clever way with words, this tale leaves one hungry for more. A very powerful story which fires the imagination.
on 9 April 2013
this is a good read wish it had been longer, I look forward to reading more from this writer will look out for more books
on 14 June 2013
This is great short story. You feel the pain and fear. I want to read more about this terrible world.
I wasn't sure if I would like this story at first, as it started a little slow, but I really got into it. I think the suspense throughout the story is brilliant and gripping. I was hoping for a bit more of a complete ending, but that wasn't too disappointing overall. I will be buying the novel, as I want to see what happens to the characters.
on 21 October 2013
the services are very good and delivery was quick; the book was in good condition
amazon is a great place to shop. I will recommend shopping at amazon for others. I liked the packaging. The prices are so cheaper than other places

super, fast and efficient services
i will continue to shop
on 19 January 2014
for a short story this held both intrigue and sadness. the tale tells of a young girls efforts to survive once she and her mother are evicted and forced to live in a shared space in a car park. Her mother becomes an addict and Sunni has to look after herself the only way possible.