Have you ever thought about someone you haven't spoken to for years only to have them phone you a few minutes later? Have you ever decided to read about a subject new to you only to have just the right book practically fall on you in a bookshop? Have you ever read about something on the internet or in a newspaper and at the same time heard the same word spoken on a television which is on in the background? This is synchronicity. The more you become aware of these synchronous happenings the more they seem to present themselves to you. It's like buying a car and seeing lots of the same make of car wherever you go.

Maybe you don't notice this sort of thing or maybe you just shrug and think of them as coincidence but the more you think about these strange and apparently random happenings the more remarkable they seem to be. Everything seems to be connected in ways that baffles the human mind to even consider. I first came across the idea many years ago when I was first interested in astrology. The study of such subjects tends to present one with many examples of synchronicity in real life. I remember being particularly intrigued by what Jung had to say about synchronicity and there are many references to Jung's writing on the subject in this fascinating book.

I found this book an absorbing read and it provided many more books and web addresses to explore. Here are the famous examples of synchronicity - Jung's fishes and the plum pudding incident which spanned several decades. Scientists are becoming increasingly interested in the way the world and human beings are connected in ways which cannot be explained by our current state of scientific knowledge but which are explained by religion, philosophy and psychology. Rupert Sheldrake, C G Jung, Arthur Koestler and Deepak Chopra have all been fascinated by the subject. The science of noetics - famously explored in fiction by Dan Brown - is looking at similar events and occurrences.

If you are interested in religion, science, biology, philosophy or psychology then you will find something of interest in this fascinating book. There are plenty of references to follow up if you want to read more about the subject and plenty of websites to explore and an index to the book itself.
on 7 October 2015
I don't often take the time to write a review but in this case I'd like to make an exception because this is a well written and interesting book. In fact, I couldn't put it down! 'The 7 Secrets of Synchronicity...' is well researched and packed with information, explanations, practical advice, and fascinating case studies. There are so many books on synchronicity and it can be hard to decide which one to buy. My advice: Go with this one.
on 19 October 2012
I came across this book quite by accident..or did I? I should re-phrase...I came across this book because the universe led me to it, or it to me. I'm not sure which but either way I'm really glad it's now in my possession. It's got some good insights and anecdotes within and is a useful tool for anyone experiencing, or wanting to experience synchronicity..a very enjoyable read with some great tips.
on 11 August 2015
I found this book is very readable, flows well, and I could read it from start to finish without putting it down. I would recommend it.
on 16 August 2012
Hadn't come across the idea beforeand not sure yet how useful it's suggested applications might be. Nevertheless looking out for coincidences. Book is well written and seemingly at least semi-plausible.
on 20 June 2015
A good book and a great way to help you get tuned into synchronicity.
on 28 December 2015
One or two chapters not so relevant to me, otherwise very good.
on 10 July 2014
insightful
on 9 January 2015
The 7 Secrets of Synchronicity: Your Guide to Finding Meanings in Signs Big and Small

I like......