Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 April 2012
If you're just starting out as manager in whatever business. i'm very confident you'll benefit from this book greatly. With this comes great power, it shows you how to deal with different problems as well as showing you how to prevent them. As i go through this book, i find myself realising that alot of busineses i have been to could use a book like this, they don't respect their employees and they surely know how to be conterproductive, but they don't know how to be constructive.

This book shows you all that and more. It will help increase the productivity of the people you manage which in effect increases the total work output. You'll learn alll sorts of neat things you never really paid attention to. like "Just because something is urgent doesn't mean it's important" little things like that we fail to pay attention to as managers. So my verdict on this is: "A solid read that you would definitely benefit greatly from as the average manager, It should turn you into a good manager, and maybe even a great. given you apply these techniques"

Feel Free to write me at Moneymavericks92@gmail.com
on 26 November 2011
Good advice about how to manage people and achieve objectives. I like the section that helps you decide how to handle common management challenges. Wyatt makes his points in an original and memorable way. I would add that although the book title refers to management, many of the lessons are as much about leadership as management.
on 12 June 2010
Very rarely does a business book spark such an immediate and positive reaction, but the 'Secret Laws of Management' does just that. Down to earth and practical, Stuart Wyatt's book represents a welcome addition to the few books of this type I have discovered that actually leads to enhanced performance in the world of business.
on 10 June 2010
This book is invaluable for those who want to avoid the usual disastrous management pitfalls; ever heard of 'flog a good horse to death'? This is just one example of how this book will help you to understand the do's and dont's of good management, whether a manager now or hoping to be in the future. An absolute must!
on 2 December 2011
Each chapter, or law, explains one basic truth about the realities of managing people. On his website, Stuart Wyatt says "Teach a manager the essential truths that govern performance and you give the manager a short-cut to acquiring experience and wisdom. The manager rapidly becomes more effective and makes better decisions." I suspect the book was intended for junior to middle managers. However, during my forty-odd year career I have met many senior managers, directors and CEOs who would have been much better at their jobs if they were taught (or reminded of) the lessons in this book.
on 11 June 2010
Stuart Wyatt's 'Secret Laws of Management' is one of the best-written management books I have ever read. The Secret Laws of Management offers to-the-point and practical advice for aspiring, newly appointed and experienced managers. You can pick it up, read a Secret Law, put it down and then use that law in your managerial situation. The 'law Lookup' at the back of the book is an excellent and innovative way for readers to get to exactly the law they require for their situation. It is ideal for quick-hit solutions to the problems that trouble many of today's managers and leaders.
on 8 October 2010
I don't normally read management books but I spotted this and am very glad I purchased it. It is incredibly concise and insightful, and answers a few of the conundrums I have been facing myself. I'm going to accidentaally leave my copy on my boss's desk!
on 29 July 2014
I stumbled across this book at a time when I was grappling with some management issues at my business. The common sense, straightforward advice it contained really spoke to me. Easy to read, it makes its points very well and goes to the heart of the key principles of good management practice. I frequently refer back to it and even after reading it several times, always take something away from it. I use it as a reference source to help coach my managers with, and also remind me of the principles and practices I need to be mindful of as a manager.

I was so impressed with it that I bought a copy for each of my managers. If you’re reading this review trying to work out whether it’s worth buying, it’s a no brainer. Buy it, it will more than repay itself.
on 25 June 2010
I found this book refreshingly straightforward. Stuart Wyatt writes easily, with the conviction which only comes from experience. His jargon-free language ensures that these techniques are easy to follow and implement.

Management can be lonely sometimes, whether you are the CEO, SVP, a middle manager or section leader. Now it need be lonely no more. Use Wyatt's book as your best friend. it will focus your thought processes and energize your performance.

My recommendation would be to take advantage and get the most from his experience, with the minimum of cost and effort. I wish I had found advice like this when I was starting in business many years ago.
on 10 June 2010
I've read many business books but this is the first one that has actually been a darn good read - so interesting that I couldn't put it down. Totally different, and very, very helpful.