|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
Praise for S. J. Parris:
• ‘It has everything – intrigue, mystery and excellent history’ Kate Mosse
• ‘Impossible to resist … Parris creates a convincing sense of the past, woven with so much intrigue that the head fairly spins’ Daily Telegraph
• ‘Parris writes with confident ease of Tudor London … The dialogue balances nicely on a tightrope of period phrases and cut-to-the-chase colloquialisms. More, please’ The Times
• ‘Full of surprises … an imaginatively satisfying addition to the many real intrigues surrounding the imprisoned Mary Stuart and the threats to Elizabeth’s security’ TLS
• ‘Fascinating … The period is incredibly vivid and the story utterly gripping’ Conn Iggulden
• ‘A brilliantly unusual glimpse at the intrigues surrounding Queen Elizabth I’ Andrew Taylor, bestselling author of The American Boy
S.J. Parris is the pseudonym of author and journalist Stephanie Merritt. It was as a student in Cambridge researching a paper on the period that Stephanie first became fascinated by the rich history of Tudor England and Renaissance Europe. Since then, her interest has grown and led her to create this series of historical thrillers featuring Giordano Bruno.
Stephanie has worked as a critic and feature writer for a variety of newspapers and magazines as well as radio and television. She currently writes for the Observer and the Guardian, and lives in Surrey with her son.
aweful. this surprises me as parris is usually very readable. disappointed and not worth the troublePublished 17 days ago by angie
A bit macabre in places but sets the scene for the start of the seriesPublished 1 month ago by elizabeth P
Good back story. A little over priced, but everyone has to make a living.Published 2 months ago by Eve Barratt