on 18 November 2010
This is an excellent purchase for anyone interested in the subject. It gives the facts in an informative way and the enclosed documents bring History to life. We've all seen the newsreel of Neville Chamberlain stepping off a plane after his meeting with Hitler in Munich waving a piece of paper stating "Peace in our time". Well here it is, a copy of that piece of paper with the two signatures on it. This is just one of hundreds of documents slipped into pockets within the pages. Even if you went to the Imperial War Museum yourself ( and who of us would not want to go?) you could not handle these artifacts, so it gets you involved, gives you the experience, in a way no other books can.
It is also a good source of reference to any of the many other books that deal with particular areas of that time, giving valuable background information.
The fact that it was only one third of the original purchase price and that it was delivered to my door in secure undamaged packing only enhances the experience.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 8 October 2010
I was disappointed with the layout of the books. I had anticipated a set of scholarly works on WWII but its actually a coffee table type book which I had not anticipated. The content is good but I just don't like a book that is more pictures than text so I was disappointed.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again