on 10 July 2009
I bought this book for my Egyptian topic in Year 3/4. The pictures were fabulous, with a simple story that could be followed easily. However, I did think that for my use of telling about Egypt, it didn't give as much background information as I'd liked.
on 20 January 2013
Good Egyptian topic book - ideal for teachers teaching Ancient Egypt as a topic - I used with my Year 5 class but could be amended for younger classes
on 23 December 2013
I used this story as an introduction to ancient Egypt for a class of 8-9 year olds. It worked really well. I would recommend it to teachers of all years as the historical background at the end of the book helps stimulate the children's imagination.
on 3 January 2014
Beautiful book, the pictures are so clear and can be used by themselves to teach chn about Ancient Egypt. The text is clear and the majority can be understood by primary aged chn.
Another quick delivery too.
on 30 December 2014
Bought to use with a Year 4 class studying Ancient Egypt. Lovely bright detailed illustrations and worked well with story plotting/retelling.
on 26 August 2013
A great book to share with my class as part of our Ancient Egypt topic. They really enjoyed it and lots of discussion arose as a result.
on 1 December 2012
Surprisingly good. The illustrations involve the young reader in the storyline, give a real flavour of life in a past time and different culture. Once read you will want to reread it and add it to your library for reading at a future time. Give it a go.
on 30 July 2014
Great book for teaching ancient Egyptians through literacy