on 3 January 2013
I am a big fan of Scott Schuman's posts from thesartorialist.com as he manages to capture in each one the free-spirited, bold, powerful, live and colorfull personalities his subjects embody.

Both volumes (first one and Closer as well) are like a breath of fresh air as they open a window, or a door into a wonderland where people express thelselves loud and proud...and they manage to do this in style.

Closer makes by Sunday afternoons an ideal way to spend time daydreaming, arranging and re-arraging my wardrobe.
on 3 November 2013
I am a huge fan of the blog and this book is a great buy for any fashonista.

Both Volumes 1 and 2 have a permanent place on my coffee table and all my girlfriends love flicking though.

I only wish there was a large hardback version :)

This is definitely on my Christmas list for some of my friends.
on 5 December 2012
Bought Volume 1 (and raving about it so much that it is) a given among my peers that I am going for the 2nd when it is out. Now, both has its permanent place on my vast shelf of books. I am not in the fashion industry; my shelves are decked with books ranging from psychology to politics so it was a surprise to my husband that I took an interest in fashion photography. Considering my preference for a colour palette that is often referred to as 'earthy' I doubt that I would appear in his book when I blend seamlessly with the buildings that surround me. Though not one to indulge, I enjoy the eccentric fashionable crowd (by that I mean those who really stand out in a good way. I hardly notice the wannabes), I often find them entertaining visually; thanks to Scott I begin to admire things that I would not have picked up before (or perhaps I did, but never put a word to each); details, colours and textures. I enjoy Scott's pictures very much, not just for the aesthetics of fashion but visual pleasure of the subjects who have obviously put in thought and effort to how they would to be seen and appreciated. I would be keeping an eye for more from Scott. Meanwhile, I think I should get myself a bright scarf.
on 8 January 2013
LOVE this book. Scott does it again. I'm an avid follower of his blog and was a big worried that it'd just be images Ive already seen but these are mostly all unpublished. such great style inspiration.
on 29 December 2012
This is a great coffee table addition. An eclectic selection of photos which keep your interest. So good I bought one for a friend too.
on 18 June 2014
This book is inspirational, and shows everything that is so vibrant about real people and how they dress.It projects their personalities, and it is a joy to see so many smiles. The photography is awesome . I can,t get enough of it, and will buy Volume One.Mr Schuman,might you consider visiting London to take a few shoots , if you haven, t already?
on 15 October 2013
This is a book to inspire you, showing real people (although most do have model looks) in the street with interesting, striking or just plain different looks. Good for stylists but also people wanting to find their own style and looking for inspiration. Photographs are beautifully reproduced and a gem too for on the coffee table.
on 7 May 2014
I don't think I will ever get bored of picking this book up and flicking through the pages. Some really interesting people with a good cross section of ages and styles. The photography is beautifully shot and the subjects always appear quite natural and not too staged. I want to get his other books now.
on 6 November 2012
This is the second of volume of the Satorialist and is every bit as good as the first. The casual nature of the images captures the easy style of its subjects. Surprised London is not covered more.
on 19 June 2013
Love this book it is almost a follow in from the first volum - totally inspired by the pictures that will be the bench mark for many followers of fashion