Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 November 2009
This is the best book I've seen for teenage girls. It answers all those questions that as a teenager you don't want to ask in case someone thinks you're not normal. It's written by an Australian journalist (in fact it was recommended to me by a friend of mine who's a school counsellor in Australia)but has been adapted for the UK market, and is very easy to dip in and out of. Ideal for Mums and Dads, but also for girls to read bits of on their own. Fantastic section on friends, how they can be mean and what to do about it, and also what to do and say if friends try to pressure you to try smoking,drink or drugs. Would recommend to anyone with a daughter over the age of eleven.
on 10 June 2009
I bought this book for my 12 year old daughter. Although some parts of it are a bit old for her, she can dip into the book when she feels she wants to know about that particular subject.
As soon as she got the book she was glued to it, and found some parts of the book extremely interesting. I have a feeling this book will be discussed at great length in the playground!
on 14 May 2011
This book has over 200 pages which is good because it includes absolutely EVERYTHING. but don't read the sex chapter until your 14 or over because it does get a bit graphic as it tells you about positions and stuff. but it covers everything from body issues to feelings.
a MUST-BUY for the teen years!
on 13 June 2009
This is a brilliant book for me. My Mum bought it for my 14th birthday. There is so much good stuff for us girls to find out about. The reason I like it is because I thought I was a bit mad as I am happy sometimes then sad and angry and I didn't understand why, till I read this book, it explains everything really well with a good sense of humour so I highly recommend this for any teenager to pick up and read.
on 18 January 2014
I purchased this book for my 11-yr old daughter after much research of other books of this type. I read it myself before giving to her which was wonderful as it made me remember what it was like to be her age! The book is very funny and extremely well written. It is easy to read with options of reading it cover-to-cover or simply dipping in and out of, and it is perfect for both. I was anxious about it being age-appropriate however whilst it does contain information about sex and drugs, it is very factual and neither encourages nor discourages young people to do or take either which i feel is the best approach. I personally feel I am more up-to-date with current info and able to give appropriate advice/answers to questions, and i am extremely happy that my daughter has something to help answer any questions she feels unable to ask me at the moment. I'd rather her be armed with factual knowledge from a source I trust than kids gossip on the playground!
on 30 December 2012
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my 13 year old niece who is being brought up by her single dad. I found it really hard to find the right gift for her as 13 is an awkward age to buy for - she's too old for girlie stuff and too young for young woman stuff - but this seemed to hit just the right chord. It's written with humour but treats teenage girls as young adults. It's full of cartoons and illustrations, is full of information and advice on every subject imagineable and of interest to a teenage girl. It doesn't shy away from young adult themes (sex, STDs, personal hygiene and all the usual coming of age themes that can be difficult to discuss). However, it also covers a lot of light and fun stuff too - fashion and friendships, boys and hobbies. My niece was delighted with the book and I believe that she will find a lot of common sense information and answers to those questions that might be hard to raise with her Dad.
on 2 December 2011
Bought this for my 13-year-old daughter and she couldn't put it down. As she's not usually a big reader it was ideally set out in that she was able to dip in and out of it. She has not stopped talking about it and it has also made it easier for her to ask me the kind of tricky questions she might have been too embarrassed to ask before - so Mums be prepared!!! I'd highly recommend it to any girl starting out in her teenage years.
on 16 June 2014
I bought this for my daughters twelth birthday
.She can dip in and out of the book if she wantys to know anything . She can always ask me but sometimes I think it is good to read information and this book is simple clear and humorous ayt getting the message a cross. I would recommend it to anyone coming of age

Heather
on 22 July 2011
I brought this book because i had some question and all the questions were awnered by this extremly great book. It talks about loads of diffrent subject that girls are mostly quite curious about at teenage years.:D
on 5 January 2012
I got this for my 12 yr old daughter as a Christmas stocking filler. She disappeared into her room Xmas morning addicted to reading. This is what she had to say about it - it's a really good book! Full of useful things about growing up and dealing with things. It has a few jokes and ideas on how to deal with different girl stuff. It's all helpful information for girls who are growing up.