Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 July 2010
Smullyan's books mix recreational math with entertainment, the author liked them to be called "math novels". Having read several Smullyan's books I can tell this book is also really good. Puzzles and riddles from it are not only logical, but recreational mathematics in general. There is a second part centered in coercive logic.
on 26 May 1999
This book is a cleaverly crafted web of logic problems with thier corresponding solutions. It begins with simple riddles and math problems then quickly leads you to deeper and more facinating problems. These puzzles are arranged in a wonderful narrative with the problems getting increasing complex. Depending on your level of interest, some of the more complex puzzles can easliy go over your head if you let them. The book is definately a lot of fun for math and logic buffs that enjoy being entertained and challenged.
on 1 February 2009
When I was in my teens I borrowed a book from the library called "what is the name of this book?" by Raymond Smullyan. The logic puzzles contained therein were something new to me and great fun-although I spent most of the time just looking up the answers rather than solving them! This book follows the same style and makes your head hurt if you read it for too long! Great for driving the family crazy-five stars!!!
on 31 January 2013
One of the best brain teasers I've come across. Has hours of fun with the kids. even had to brig the pen and paper out! Would definitely recommend.
on 29 July 1999
In this tale, Raymond Smullyan takes us on a fantastic journey from Ancient Persia, when women befuddled kings for their lives. The book then takes a twist into the modern-day field of coercive logic and Godel's Incompleteness Theorm, all the time throwing enough puzzles at us to have us reeling and groping for an eternally mysterious truth. It has aided me greatly in my quest for logical understanding.
on 4 March 2016
Great mind puzzles, especially to get kids thinking.
on 22 June 1999
Ray Smullyan presents many different types of puzzles. I've read many puzzle books, and this is my favorite by far.