Shop now Learn more Shop now Up to 50% off Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now Halloween Pets Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Learn more Shop now

The Return: Midnight ....cover picture?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Feb 2011 14:53:41 GMT
Can anyone tell me why the cover for The Return: Midnight (The Vampire Diaries) has now changed? When I pre-ordered it in Sept of 2010, it showed the cover as a necklace with two hearts...mostly black with a little red...this cover matches the rest of my set. Now all of the sudden, the cover they are showing is of Elena and Stefan from the TV series on the cover! Not at all what I want!!! Thinking of maybe cancelling my pre-order. Does anyone know which cover is truly being used in the UK or maybe both? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2011 15:44:55 GMT
i was just thinking the same!
both books have the same ISBN number

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2011 20:44:04 GMT
Hi how can you tell what you've pre ordered. I looked on my orders and it does not seem to be there. I know I definately did it as I changed the delivery address to my parents as I'm meant to be moving before then. Plus I don't suppose you've had any luck in finding out about the cover? I'm the same I have all the others in the set and do not want the film cover!!

Posted on 16 Feb 2011 11:15:38 GMT
Z. Somers says:
I really hate when publishers do this, they make a complete matching series and in the end they give the last (?) book another cover so they don't match. It's not that I don't like the television series, but the books are completely different.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2011 06:05:57 GMT
You can see what you've ordered if you go into your account and look in pending orders. Just be sure to change the search to all orders in the correct year that you ordered it in. And sadly, no, I am still confused and ticked about the cover switch :(

Posted on 19 Feb 2011 21:27:30 GMT
This book was due out last year with the cover to match the set.. for some reason they pulled it last minute and revised the date of release with the new cover.. it bugs me too as i like my sets to match as well.. The black covers look more sophisticated...

Posted on 22 Feb 2011 15:35:00 GMT
Debbie Hamer says:
i am gonna go and see if i can get it in the book store as i don't want the vampire diary's cover for my collection! wot is the point in changing it to this one only, before we had a choice of the 2. wen i put it on ,y wish list it was the other version that i want!!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2011 18:21:19 GMT
i'm wanting to buy vampire diaries book but are abit unsure , is it just the coevers that are different or are the black covered books different to the series covers ???

Posted on 23 Feb 2011 18:38:14 GMT
K. Burford says:
This has really stressed me out, because how stupid is my collection going to look with this cover art at the end of the line of pretty black covers? Answer: Very. Sort it out Amazon/Publishers, please.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2011 21:23:58 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Feb 2011 21:30:57 GMT
Jennyfer says:
The Return: Midnight (The Vampire Diaries)
^^ I'm sure this version is going to have the black cover with the hearts. I think the wrong picture has been uploaded ...
Midnight (The Vampire Diaries)
^^ It says further down the page (at the Publisher bit) that this one is the TV tie-in edition.

Hope this helps :)

Posted on 24 Feb 2011 01:00:50 GMT
The black cover edition exists, they had a copy out on the shelves in WHSmith today, but I'm not sure which version this will be for those who pre-ordered.

Posted on 1 Mar 2011 02:33:44 GMT
i hope they have the black cover i also have the rest in that collection and don't want the tv cover as it is a lie, the books have nothing to do with the books, and it is misleading as stefan elena etc from the show are nothing like their wacky book counterpart, i only want this book to complete my collection and well i've read this far although the last book was a labor to get through the ridiculousness of the plot, i for one don't mistake the two,i absolutely love the tv show!

Posted on 8 Mar 2011 13:29:36 GMT
I ordered this last week, and got the black cover! So I guess they separated the two covers... It is indeed much nicer to have the same covers for the whole collection.
So anybody who doubts, this is the book with the black cover!!

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 04:32:30 GMT
i got a letter from amazon after i wrote them a complaint in image feedback, they said they were going to fix the problem and indeed there's the black cover with 2 hearts!!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2011 13:54:30 GMT
Zelda says:
Hi R Pennington - when you go to look at your orders, in the top left hand corner it's got "open orders", if you click on here it will show you all your pre-orders and when they are due to be despatched. Hope this is what you want.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  15 Feb 2011
Latest post:  19 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Vampire Diaries: 7: Midnight: 3/3
The Vampire Diaries: 7: Midnight: 3/3 by L J Smith (Paperback - 3 Mar. 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars (91)