"- "...presents a basic framework of a broad variety of issues which the budding restaurateur would need to address" International Journal of Hospitality Management"
From the Back Cover
The comprehensive guide to restaurant success
It takes more than hard work and a dream to succeed in the restaurant business. The successful restaurateur must choose a suitable concept, find a market gap to fill, develop business and marketing plans, and secure financial backing. Next comes selecting the perfect location, obtaining the necessary permits, creating a menu that will tantalize the market, designing the interior, and hiring and training employees. Once the restaurant is open to the public comes the most difficult challenge of allmaking sure that customers who visit once come back for more.
The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation, Third Edition, covers every aspect of conceiving, opening, and running all types of restaurantsfrom a fast–food franchise to an upscale dining room. This easy–to–read guide prepares readers to deal with a broad variety of start–up issues and puts them on the solid footing theyll need to ensure the restaurants ongoing success. This comprehensive, hands–on primer provides:
- New coverage of quick–service, midscale, and upscale restaurants
- Coverage of restaurant service, home replacement meals, and the importance of catering and takeout
- Comparisons of chain vs. independent and franchise vs. nonfranchise restaurants
- Case studies that describe real–world problemsand real–world solutions
- Industry comments and advice sidebars
- Business and marketing plan outlines
This field–proven book gives students, chefs, and entrepreneurs the comprehensive and authoritative information they need to master every challenge and succeed in this highly competitive and rewarding industry.